Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Early to rise today - Another shopping day! >

Early to rise today - Another shopping day!

Early to rise today - Another shopping day!

Old 06-29-2009, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
NICE, NICE!
I love the scenery one. Is that Michael Miller? You could do the garden gate thing with that one. Use the rocks and the gate and make it like you are wandering upon it. Know what I mean?
I think on the Michael Miller site there's a quilt that will show you what I am thinking about
Thanks! Yes, it is the Michael Miller panel. I just checked his website, is it the Meadow Path Quilt you are referring to? If so, I am afraid to say that, although it is gorgeous, I don't think I can do that! :oops:
Old 06-29-2009, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I feel in love with the Hollyhock quilt pattern too. Fons and Porter dif not have the kit or fabric for it when I called. I found one panel of the hollyhocks online. I hope you bought the fabric if you saw it at the shop or have them mail it to you while it available. I don't think much of it was printed.

That's bad about the non caring sales clerk. I'd send an email and let the manager know about it.
Oh no! I did not get the fabric! I better call them tomorrow and see if they have it. The one on display I could have sworn was purple although the pattern shows pink, I wonder what other colors they have? Unless it was the same color and by that point colors just blended together!
Old 06-29-2009, 06:14 PM

Great purchases!! It sure sounds like a fun shopping day!
Old 06-30-2009, 05:50 AM
Power Poster

It comes in purple too. The print fabric is not that hard to find, it's the panel that no shop seemed to have.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:03 AM
Power Poster

green with envy here, go and have a fabulous time and then show us what you purchased so we can live vicariously through you!
Old 06-30-2009, 08:44 AM

Very nice.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:46 AM

Molly, I must share this little story with you. We are all familiar with the Keepsake Catalog. Well, a quilting friend went to Botswana with her husband not too long ago. (he was working on a year sabatical) She decided to find some local quilters or start a quilting group. Fabric was not readily available but when she asked her new friends where they found fabric, they replied "Oh, we get this little catalog in the mail". It's a small world after all.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:38 AM

Oh I'm so jealous Molly. We lived in Acton, ME at one time when I wasn't a quilter and now that we're at least 3 hours away I long to go to Keepsake Quilting. I'd have to make sure my checkbook was in order before leaving.

I'm anxious to hear your impressions of the shop. I've heard nothing but good things about it.

Roberta in China, ME