Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Easiest quickest way to do binding?

Blog Entries
    I'vebeen doing the self binding method for years on fast quilts. My grandmother taught me how to do it and she learned as a young girl. I found a blog that has a tutorial how to do it. It's much easier to link to that then try to explain it. :D

http://piecenquilt.blogspot.com/2009...-tutorial.html

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose Marie
    I tried several different ways to avoid using pins and like the Elmers glue the best.
    I just started using the flat metal clips (look like hair clips). They hold the binding real tight and are easy to remove.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflywing
    martina, when the edge gets thin, you can then release the top stitching, trim away the backing until it's even with the quilt edges and bind the usual way. i works really well.
    If it had teeth, it would have bit me on the nose. Why didn't I think of that?

This is my favorite video on how to do binding by machine....

Binding tips from Elisa Wilson at QuiltersTV.com

http://www.quilterstv.com/?bcpid=133...s_&_techniques

altho this past weekend I saw 'Sewing with Nancy' and she did it just about the same except cut the ends of her binding and it turned out great but without being able to watch it again, I'm afraid to try it from 'memory', LOL

If you have never been to quilterstv.com, they have fabulous videos to watch for free....lots of them, and many with known quilt artists.

warm quilt hugs, sue

Do what works best for you Jamie, and don't give a second thought about the way other quilters do theirs. I often use Butterfly's method of just making the back larger and making this into a binding. It's perfectly good for family type quilts, baby quilts, tv quilts. If you plan on doing show quality then of course the binding will have to be done in a more traditional manner. But, quilting should make you happy, not stressed, so do what works best for you. :)

Wow, that video shows some really nice binding. thanks for posting the link.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2