Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Easy Angle/Lazy Angle rulers >

Easy Angle/Lazy Angle rulers

Easy Angle/Lazy Angle rulers

Old 10-12-2011, 03:35 AM

Does any of you have both and know the difference? The Easy Angle ruler is very hard to get here, I asked the LSQ and they charge almost $ 50 for it. The Lazy Angle ruler is as expensive as the Easy Angle ruler. So I don't know what to buy if I buy one that is. They're both rather expensive :(
Thanks!
Old 10-12-2011, 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by Anael
Does any of you have both and know the difference? The Easy Angle ruler is very hard to get here, I asked the LSQ and they charge almost $ 50 for it. The Lazy Angle ruler is as expensive as the Easy Angle ruler. So I don't know what to buy if I buy one that is. They're both rather expensive :(
Thanks!
Had to do a search on both names and I have both rulers. Never used the Easy Angle ruler, which is used for half square triangles. I do not think I will ever use this one. It is something that I purchased when I first started to quilt thinking I needed it.

I am in the process of making a quilt with the Lazy Angle ruler. Once I opened it ruler up, I saw the different options that can be used with this ruler. There are a lot of ways to use this to get different looking blocks. I purchased the ruler for a specific quilt that I just started to work on. Very easy to use and I will be using it again.

As for the price, I did not pay more than $20 for either of them, but then I have had them for a while now. If you are interested in them, I would look on the web and see if it would be cheaper to get them that way. I did see a price around $21 for one but not sure what the shipping would be for you. Here is the website that I found it on. http://www.quilterswarehouse.com/P-3...l-designs.aspx

Here is a website to Lazy Girl Designs and a list of various blocks that can be created with the Lazy Angle Ruler.
http://www.lazygirldesigns.com/produ..._Ruler/270/c48

Hope this info is helpful to you.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:23 AM

Thank you! That's really helpful. I had a look at the lazygirldesigns to see what you can do with the lazy angle ruler. I guess this ruler has more possibilities.
Shipping from the US is expensive as a flat rate enveloppe will not fit so I have to pay duties and tax. I think buying this ruler here will be about the same amount and one shop offers the lazy angle ruler with a book.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:23 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by MoanaWahine
Hope this info is helpful to you.
i know it was helpful to me
you gave such good info.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:38 AM

I have both rulers. I have the older version of the Lazy Agle Ruler. I have never used it. It was a gift from my mother. This post reminds me that I should get it out and use it.
I also have the Easy Angle ruler in both the small and large sizes. I use them both all the time. They are wonderful for making Half Square triangles from strips of fabric. But my favorite use for this ruler to to cut my binding strips on an angle because I like my binding pieced on an angle. The ruler nips off that little tip and makes it real easy to line them up for sewing.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:42 AM

Does the Lazy Angle have the same options as the Easy Angle? I looked at a picture of the Lazy Angle and couldn't see any 1/2" or 1/4" markings.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by Anael
Does the Lazy Angle have the same options as the Easy Angle? I looked at a picture of the Lazy Angle and couldn't see any 1/2" or 1/4" markings.
They are two different rulers. The Easy Angle ruler is simply a 45 degree ruler that helps with the points (dog ears as I call them). They are cut off when you cut the fabric.

Lazy Angle ruler give you a very different degree cut. I do not know the exact degree but defiantly not a 45. The ruler has a lot of different possibilities with the resulting block.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:31 AM

Thanks for this info!
I love your avatar quilt Moana :D
Old 10-12-2011, 03:42 PM

you can get the easy angler on ebay currently for under $10.
i don't know what the shipping would be, but you can discuss the problem with the dealer.