Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Edyta Sitar

Suz
    I am excited about this lady. She is on The Quilt Show. Take a look while you can do so w/o membership. The episode is about an hour long, so set aside this much time to enjoy and learn.

http://www.thequiltshow.com/os/shows.php/episode/802

I liked the section on half-square triangles and think it would be fun to do an exchange. Is someone able to take the lead here and handle an exchange. Or even the strip exchange? Or both?

Let us all know what you think of this designer/author. She has a website under laundrybasketquilts.com. She has several books and patterns. Watch the tape all the way to the end to hear about how she named her site.

Suzanne

I did a workshop at my LQS using the triangle method (thangles) , I loved it and want to make more blocks using these. I'll watch the show in the morning, thanks for the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Suz
    I am excited about this lady. She is on The Quilt Show. Take a look while you can do so w/o membership. The episode is about an hour long, so set aside this much time to enjoy and learn.

http://www.thequiltshow.com/os/shows.php/episode/802

I liked the section on half-square triangles and think it would be fun to do an exchange. Is someone able to take the lead here and handle an exchange. Or even the strip exchange? Or both?

Let us all know what you think of this designer/author. She has a website under laundrybasketquilts.com. She has several books and patterns. Watch the tape all the way to the end to hear about how she named her site.

Suzanne
    I have never been able to watch anything on this site. :(

Blog Entries
    Great show! Thanks!

I just watched the show and really enjoyed it. Thanks for posting the link.

Thanks for posting. She is so interesting and I love her quilts.

Blog Entries
    The show is free for a few days. There is a tutorial how to play the video if you are having trouble, on the show video page, at the bottom right. it's probably a flash update you need to download.

Has anyone noticed Alex Anderson not looking as healthy as she use to, maybe not unhealthy just something different about her from what I remember from her shows. It's not age, she's beautiful!

Just finished watching the show and really enjoyed it. Thanks for posting it.
    Windsong

I too just watched this show and enjoyed it. It was really really interesting.

Thanks for posting the site. I just watched it and now it is way beyond my bedtime. It was worth it.

It is past my bed time but I will check it out in the morning.

Blog Entries
    yes, I noticed the same thing about Alex Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo
    The show is free for a few days. There is a tutorial how to play the video if you are having trouble, on the show video page, at the bottom right. it's probably a flash update you need to download.

Has anyone noticed Alex Anderson not looking as healthy as she use to, maybe not unhealthy just something different about her from what I remember from her shows. It's not age, she's beautiful!

Thanks for the link. Really enjoy watching her method for half-square triangles and using scraps. Need to try her paper bag method so I can use some of the fabric I have instead of buying new.

mltquilt

Blog Entries
    I ordered her Calendar. There are only a few quilting calendars that are sought after and and I think her first one will be the one to have in a few years.

a regular here
    The show was great. Thanks for the link. Did anyone check out Edytas(sp) online store? Beautiful fabrics. Think I wil have to have some(alot) of these.

I just watched the show for free and loved it. I plan to become a paying member soon. I'd love to be in a triangle swap.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

The granddaughters are staying overnight and asleep in the living room. So...DH and I watched the video in bed on the iPad before we went to sleep. Thanks so much for the link. I think we will be signing up for The Quilt Show. I was hesitating about it because I did not really enjoy their magazine. We have a wifi adaptor for our laptop that lets what appears on the laptop appear on the TV. That would be a great way to watch the shows.
    Cheryl Robinson
    http://www.silverneedlestitching.com
    APQS Millenium Longarm with Intelliquilter

Thank you very much for this link. I have read one of her books before but this made it come alive.

I recently subscribed to their magazine and I wasn't crazy about the latest issue that I received which was my first copy. But their website does look nice. I remember subscribing to their "quilt show" online when it started. At that time I was busy quilting but after a time I started becomming a knitter. Now I am "back in the fold" and my interest is totally in quilting.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

Great show, thanks. I'll have to get her book, or calendar. I'm working on a scrapy now, it's called Do-Dah by Ann Weber of the Gingham Girls.
    be happy

I will have to watch the show when I get a chance. I LOVE her stuff......from patterns to her books. A very talented quilter!

Thanks for the link.
    Peace

Thank you for the link, loved the show.
    Would like to do an exchange.