Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Edyta Sitar's Alaska pattern - Tuckerize? >

Edyta Sitar's Alaska pattern - Tuckerize?

Edyta Sitar's Alaska pattern - Tuckerize?

Old 12-20-2021, 07:36 PM
mkc

Default Edyta Sitar's Alaska pattern - Tuckerize?

I really don't want to buy another ruler, especially since I want to scale up this quilt pattern by about 30%.

Are there any members that have Edyta's Alaska quilt pattern and are familiar with Deb Tucker's Studio 180 tools that could tell me if it's easy to "Tuckerize" the Alaska pattern?
Old 12-21-2021, 05:48 AM

Deb Tucker's Wedge Star should work for the kaleidoscope blocks used in Alaska. https://deb-tuckers-studio-180-desig...cts/wedge-star

Edited to add: I do not have this ruler, so am unable to verify if it will work. My Alaska quilt is in the pre-planning stage (I have the pattern and the fabrics).

Last edited by clwetzel; 12-21-2021 at 05:50 AM. Reason: forgot disclaimer
Old 12-21-2021, 07:03 AM

I fell in love with this pattern and made it using my kalidescope ruler. The only hard part about this pattern is keeping track of fabric placements so it all comes together. I think there were ten different layouts with some having left/right options. I drew up a chart and labeled what went where and then

This pattern is very easy to resize, just start with what you want for finished size and then divide that up in the 8 point group.
Old 12-21-2021, 07:18 AM
mkc

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post

This pattern is very easy to resize, just start with what you want for finished size and then divide that up in the 8 point group.
What size blocks does the default pattern use? Looking at an image of the pattern and estimating the border width, I'm guessing 9"?
Old 12-21-2021, 07:55 AM

I have the pattern and it does look like it would be easy to “Tuckerize”. For those that are ruler-holics Edyta also has a Creative Grids Alaska Ruler.

https://www.creativegridsusa.com/products/CGRLBQ1
Old 12-21-2021, 12:28 PM

I have no idea what size the pattern uses, as I could not find a digital copy and was not willing to purchase and wait for a paper one to arrive. So I figured it out and then went with a size of blocks that worked.