Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Eleanor Burns old show

Blog Entries
    I watched Quilt in a Day this morning and she showed how to 'turn' a quilt and tie it and then she machine stitched along the border.
    then she showed how to machine her own quilt. this one was quilt as you go but she only quilted blocks on batting, the backing wasn't added until she was to put the border on.
    I've always thought if i did a quilt in sections, i'd have to add backing fabric in sections too. Hmmmmm.

Blog Entries
    did you watch her online or on tv???

Quote Originally Posted by nativetexan
    I watched Quilt in a Day this morning and she showed how to 'turn' a quilt and tie it and then she machine stitched along the border.
    then she showed how to machine her own quilt. this one was quilt as you go but she only quilted blocks on batting, the backing wasn't added until she was to put the border on.
    I've always thought if i did a quilt in sections, i'd have to add backing fabric in sections too. Hmmmmm.

Blog Entries
    on television.

Wish we got that show here...

I love her show and try to watch it every Friday morning when it's on.

Blog Entries
    what channel on tv?

We don't get her show here. I wish we did. Sigh.

I record all her shows so I'll look later and see what it is.
    Sounds interesting. :thumbup:

If you are watching on PBS, each state has their own agenda as to when they show their lineup of programs. People who support PBS in their telethons to raise money have a say in the programs they buy, so PBS says. Here in OKLA, our quilting and sewing shows are only on once a week and are at 8:00 and 8:30 on Sat. morning. When I visited my Mother (and this was in the 90's) they had a different quilter and their shows were on in the afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by craftybear
    did you watch her online or on tv???

You can watch a lot of her programs for free at http://www.quilterstv.com

I will have to check our PBS and see if we get it! She is on Wends, on one of the cable channels at 1:30, but I am always at work!

I love her shows-old or new.

I get her on the RFD channel on satalite. I saw that show and it was interesting.

Oh, thats right, RFD channel, its also on at 11:30 at night, but I can never stay up to watch it!

Blog Entries
    I'm intrigued, that would be a lot faster...so she quilted the blocks and batting on the machine, sewed the fronts together, then added a back and quilted the borders and back together?? What keeps the back from being puffy? Did she tack anything?

Quote Originally Posted by nlgh
    If you are watching on PBS, each state has their own agenda as to when they show their lineup of programs. People who support PBS in their telethons to raise money have a say in the programs they buy, so PBS says. Here in OKLA, our quilting and sewing shows are only on once a week and are at 8:00 and 8:30 on Sat. morning. When I visited my Mother (and this was in the 90's) they had a different quilter and their shows were on in the afternoon.
    Yeah I didn't even think of that. With there being so many quilters I don't know why they can't have a quilt channel.
    There are other sports channels and fishing channels. Everything but a quilty channel. :evil:

I wish our cable still had quilting shows. It seems they have to make room for more SPORTS and home buying/selling/repair.....yawn....
    Anyway, I quilt in sections and then assemble them into the quilt. And I always add the backing before quilting each one. I don't know why she didn't.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by purplemem
    I'm intrigued, that would be a lot faster...so she quilted the blocks and batting on the machine, sewed the fronts together, then added a back and quilted the borders and back together?? What keeps the back from being puffy? Did she tack anything?
    I'm doing the same thing with my Dear Jane quilt. I did QAYG on all my blocks and triangles, joined them all together, and now I have basted the backing to the top/batting. I am currently quilting in the ditch round every block and triangle to attach the backing to the top. Since the blocks are only 4.5in finished, there isn't any puffiness, but I can see that there might be if you had 12in blocks.

We actually had several months of Eleanor's programmes on Satellite here, on the Rural TV channel, but it disappeared a few weeks ago, so that is the end of that. I did record the programmes that were broadcast, but there aren't going to be any more, Booo Hooo.

try www.zeeltv.com - scroll to the middle and you can choose your show!

Quote Originally Posted by stitchinwitch
    try www.zeeltv.com - scroll to the middle and you can choose your show!
    Oh Oh I just checked it out and spent 1/2 hour there watching a show and I see several more that I'll watch later.
    Half of me thanks you...but the other "busy" half of me doesn't! :thumbup:

It never ceases to amaze me all the info I get from reading other quilters' posts. Thanks for the RFD tip. I'll try and watch Eleanor Burn's show next Thurs. at 10:30 pm Dish TV channel 231 here.

Blog Entries
    I watch Eleanor Burns on my computer. She has many videos on there and has just added another recently. She is so informative and I have learned so much from watching her.

Direct TV carries Eleanor's show every Wed. afternoon and again sometime after midnight on the RFD channel. Dish carries it also but since I have Direct I don't know the Dish schedule.

The ones that I've watched lately are older ones.

Longarm

I just watched that same episode :)

I caught it four times, and each time it was PBS and the same show. I quit trying. But you guys have me wanting to hunt it up again. And I might!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast