Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Elecric Quilt 7

I bought EQ7 and have used it. I love it, but still have a lot to learn. I would participate in a forum so we could help each other.

I bought EQ7 and I cannot figure out how it works. It is not "user-friendly". I am going to take a class from the local quilt shop.

I too would love a forum on EQ7. Watched the Videos today.

I too would love a forum on EQ7. Watched the Videos today.

I also would participate in an EQ7 forum. I purchased mine through AQS, member price $151. Have used it to design a quilt with my guild BOM blocks. There is a learning curve, maybe I better play with it more. Will post picture when I have finished quilting it on my Avante.

Yes, I would love to join a forum on EQ7. I have it but still don't know how to use it.

I have the E7 and all I need now is time, time, time to learn all the steps. I don't think it's hard. Like buying a new machine, you have to practice to get it right.

I am hoping to receive enough gift cards from my LQS to get it right after Christmas.

I use EQ7 every day. Quilt University online offers classes in EQ6 and 7.

Blog Entries
    I bought EQ6 a few months ago and I love it! I went through most of the lessons in the book that comes with it, and it didn't take too long to become comfortable with it. There are some things that I haven't tried because I have never had need of them, but the areas I use in my quilting are pretty easy once I practiced a bit. I especially love experimenting with altering blocks and trying out different colors/fabrics in my quilt.

goldendog55, I just started a thread asking about Quilt University. I am thinking of signing up for the EQ7 class in January. What is involved in their classes? How long do you have access to them? Can you save the classes and can you print out notes?

I received EQ7 as a gift when it came out, read a little in the book and watched a few videos. I also had EQ6 which I never used. I've never devoted the time to learning. This group interaction would be great...I'd enjoy participating in a forum!

I have EQ7 and really like it. I had not used any previous versions. EQ7 was very easy to learn. I often battle with quilting or playing on EQ7!

I use EQ7 ALL THE TIME!! I sit and play with it while watching TV. Don't know what I'd do without it now.

I have upgraded to 7, but haven't had too much time to play with it yet. I also bought BlockBase, and love having 4,000+ blocks to use.

Quote Originally Posted by mcb1180
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggi
    Have you all noticed Clotique has the electric quilt 7 on sale. I'm thinking me for Christmas. Have any of you used it - enough to warrant the purchase? It looks amazing in the video but it also looks busy. I'm just not sure. Help please

Peggi
    Sorry to clarify, what's clotique's website address. I get nothing when I google it.
    www.clotilda.com

Quote Originally Posted by Marvlin
    Quote Originally Posted by mcb1180
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggi
    Have you all noticed Clotique has the electric quilt 7 on sale. I'm thinking me for Christmas. Have any of you used it - enough to warrant the purchase? It looks amazing in the video but it also looks busy. I'm just not sure. Help please

Peggi
    Sorry to clarify, what's clotique's website address. I get nothing when I google it.
    www.clotilda.com
    www.clotilde.com

I started with RQ5, then 6, and now 7. I did alot on 5, a little on 6, but have forgotten a lot. I just have not sat down abd taken the time to refresh. The book with it has lessons so it is up to me. I think the program is great. You can design, put the fabrics in, and it will give you a list of yardages of each fabric, if you want to paper piece you can print that out, if you want templants, you can print that out also. One of the best things is being able to see your quilt in different colors and configurations.

I bought EQ7 also on sale before it came out. I love it. It helps with colors and it does take the math out of the equation. I haven't used it as much lately but once a person gets the basics it is great!!

Fran, who was mentioned earlier in this thread, teaches the EQ7 Sampler class which begins at the end of January.

Watch the vids that come with EQ to get you started and go through the book.

I bought it for one specific purpose and haven't used it for that! :0D

I use it all the time for drawing blocks and making paper piecing patterns. I also use Block Base all the time and alter those blocks in EQ7. I'm glad I have it. It's sped up my block making.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Renee110
    I have the EQ6 and I like it. I'm not sure, but it seems the biggest difference with 6 and 7 is you can upload pics of your own fabric....
    You can do that in EQ6. There must be other differences.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by b.zang
    Quote Originally Posted by Renee110
    I have the EQ6 and I like it. I'm not sure, but it seems the biggest difference with 6 and 7 is you can upload pics of your own fabric....
    You can do that in EQ6. There must be other differences.
    You can even do that in EQ5. I never had 6 so I don't know the differences between 6 and 7 but there's a big difference between 5 and 7. Just in the interface, how it works, etc.

I think one difference though is that 7 has a photo editor where the older ones did not. I don't think they did anyway.

Here are the videos from EQ:
    http://www.electricquilt.com/Shop/EQ7/EQ7D.asp

Quote Originally Posted by Jerudy
    goldendog55, I just started a thread asking about Quilt University. I am thinking of signing up for the EQ7 class in January. What is involved in their classes? How long do you have access to them? Can you save the classes and can you print out notes?
    When you take classes from QU, you pay, and then, a day before class starts, they send you the password. You can talk to the teacher and other students on the computer. The teachers send out very well planned lessons, and answer any questions. You can print all the lessons, or I save them on my computer, because some classes send about 100+ pages per class. You can also save the discussion threads. The information stays on the site for about 3 weeks after class officially closes. I have always had an excellent experience with them and I have been taking classes off and on for almost as long as they have been open! You can PM me if you have any other questions.

You also get to see the work done by everyone in the class, if they send it in, and some classes show work done by past students. I can't believe how many different countries can be represented in some classes!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast