Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Elm Creek Novels

I love to read the Elm Creek novels and was wondering if anyone knew of other fiction related to quilting. Thanks.

There is another series. My girlfriend is reading them. I can't remember the name. If you go to Amazon and look up quilting novels, it will probably pop up. Try the library when you find them.

Here are 3 good ones by Marie Bostwick: A Thread of Truth, A Single Thread and A Thread So Thin. Also do a search for novels by Emilie Richards. She has several also.

I haven't looked for any other quilting novels but am just getting close to finishing "The Winding Ways Quilt". I also have "The Master Quilter" which will be the next one that I read. I will definitely be on the watch for more books of that sort as well. If you go to Red Rooster Fabrics.com, they have some of the Elm Creek Quilts patterns - kind of fun to look at..... Have you read all of Jennifer Chiaverini's books?

Terri Thayer has a series of quilting mysteries and also a couple of scrap-booking mysteries. You can find a book list here: http://www.territhayer.com/

This site lists some other ones: http://www.cozy-mystery.com/blog/qui...mysteries.html

Blog Entries
    Earlene Fowler has a series out-- not as good as the Elm Creek-but not bad

Oh, more books to look for at the library!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chatfield
    I haven't looked for any other quilting novels but am just getting close to finishing "The Winding Ways Quilt". I also have "The Master Quilter" which will be the next one that I read. I will definitely be on the watch for more books of that sort as well. If you go to Red Rooster Fabrics.com, they have some of the Elm Creek Quilts patterns - kind of fun to look at..... Have you read all of Jennifer Chiaverini's books?
    I read the first couple (maybe 4) but our library doesn't carry the newer ones and I am too frugal to buy books. I find that reading the quilting novels motivates me to quilt.

Quote Originally Posted by Chatfield
    Yes I have read all of Jennifer's books. Good reading and educational too.

There's one called How to Make an American Quilt by Whitney Otto.... it is also a movie starring Winona Ryder, Maya Angelou, Ellen Burstyn, Anne Bancroft.

Emilie Richards has a great group, takes place in Virginia. The first one is the Wedding Ring. Each one has a slight connection to the last one. There are 5 I believe.

Blog Entries
    Just finished The Apprentice. Ready to read the next book. Couldn't put the first one down.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sslamb
    I love to read the Elm Creek novels and was wondering if anyone knew of other fiction related to quilting. Thanks.
    If you want to vote on the sex of Sarah's twins- check on Jennifers web site

http://elmcreek.net/index.php/main/n...ast-your-vote/
    ;-)