Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Embroidery, help please? >

Embroidery, help please?

Embroidery, help please?

Old 12-27-2013, 05:21 AM

Smile Embroidery, help please?

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. I am looking for some simple free embroidery patterns for snowmen for next years Xmas quilts.
I have googled different combinations, but always end up with embroidery machine patterns that cost lots, and am really just wanting to do some redwork type embroidery.
Any clues or hints on where to go? Free would be best......thanks for your help!!!
Old 12-27-2013, 05:55 AM

Rather hesitantly I will say take a look at Sewforum.com. They have thousands of designs that have been contributed by digitizers. The reason I provide some warning is that some of the digitizers are really good and some are really, really bad! If you know how to "preview" a design and understand the basics of a good design, you can find some nice things for free, but buyer beware!

Personally I prefer to buy from reputable individual digitizers. Many designs are only $2-5 and they will sew well. If you post on the ISO area of sewforum, you can get some good recommendations.

Pam
Old 12-27-2013, 06:03 AM
dd

I was looking for Snowmen for hand done redwork and couldn't find much there either.
Old 12-27-2013, 06:22 AM

Here are a few links to some snowmen. Hope this helps.

http://primitiveblessings.com/shop/f...prod_1338.html

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alepe_a...n/photostream/

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/or...a0ad9ae0df.jpg
Old 12-27-2013, 06:23 AM

I purchase a lot from emblibiary.com. They sew out beautiful and you can purchase 1 pattern. If you register with site on your birthday they send you a gift coupon. And they have 1 cent sales a lot
Old 12-27-2013, 06:23 AM

Try embroidery library.com or pixis rule.com
Old 12-27-2013, 06:25 AM

Try googling hand embroidery patterns. I did and came up with several sites. This one has lots! http://www.embroiderypatterncentral....y-seasonal.php
Old 12-27-2013, 06:32 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by lb70542 View Post
I purchase a lot from emblibiary.com. They sew out beautiful and you can purchase 1 pattern. If you register with site on your birthday they send you a gift coupon. And they have 1 cent sales a lot
Even if you don't purchase a lot, get on their email list. they have lots of sales and you can often get designs for just a dollar or two. As some of the other posters have implied, you really do get what you pay for. Sometimes the free designs stitch out badly.
They also have different sales every week. Here's this week's. I really don't think you can go wrong for $1.25. These are beautifully digitized!
http://www.emblibrary.com/EL/Sale.aspx
One last tip, look thru their embroideries and add the ones you like to your wish list. They periodically have sales on everything on your list.
Old 12-27-2013, 07:02 AM

I picked up some cute snowmen hot iron transfers for tea towels at Walmart a couple of weeks ago for less than a dollar. 7 ea. days of the week patterns (that part can be left off). Each transfer can be used several times. I had planned to make some crayon colored blocks with them. Later, I said to self...Hmm...white snowmen on white blocks probably won't work out very well.

So....If you'd like, PM your mailing address to me and I'll send them along to you.
Old 12-27-2013, 07:04 AM

Keep looking – it seems like all I ever find on blogs and websites is redwork snowmen, which don't really do anything for me since I live in sunny California!