Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Embroidery Machine Lovers - July, 2012 >

Embroidery Machine Lovers - July, 2012

Embroidery Machine Lovers - July, 2012

Old 07-02-2012, 05:55 AM

Don't know how your machine transfers, but my machines are connected directly to my laptop to send designs over, and I can also put designs on usb stick and insert that stick into embroidery machine. You may want to check if there are any of these options on yours, or if it can be upgraded to take a usb stick (the Viking machines did that and that was a long time ago).

You can also check on "yahoo groups" to see if there is a group for your machine, probably is. I have Brother, Babylock, Viking and Pfaff machines and belong to the yahoo group for each and every one of them. For me personally, I can get so much more information on a machine and its capabilities (or problems that I am having), any time of the day or night using these groups. They have been invaluable for information for me in over 10 years.

As for your big hoop, does it use "precise positioning" or "snowmen" or ?? when lining up large designs. My largest hoop is 14 x 14 and it stitches the left half, I then rotate the hoop, and it stitches out the right half of the design. Again, the yahoo groups have an intense amount of info on how to do this.

I have a Pfaff CV that has been a love/hate relationship since day one, but after taking classes on it once a month I have finally been able to (kinda) figure it out. Our teacher even taught us how to stitch out a design that was 10 inches high and about 20 inches long - we did 3 hoopings, and you can't even tell where we did the splits - it was wonderful (and amazing for me).

Have fun with your machine.

KarenSue

Originally Posted by Kris P View Post
My MIL was kind enough to let me borrow her Babylock Ellageo for a few months. I fell in love with with M/E and then found an upgraded Janome 10000 at my Janome dealer with LOTS of extras for $1500. The problem is, the Babylock was so easy. My MIL taught me how to use it in about 15 minutes. I'm really struggling with the Janome. The shop offers lessons, but the gal who gave all the lessons quit, and now the new gal is learning as I learn. Really frustrating. She ordered a CF card and reader from Janome for me, but the card doesn't work. I can download designs, but then need to transfer them to the machine's hard-drive in order to stitch them. It's a little cumbersome, and I find myself not using it because of the trouble.
I also have the giga hoop, but haven't figured out how to use it. I've read on some forums that it's almost impossible to get a design lined up well using a split design.- not that I know how to split a design- anyway.

One thing I really do love about the Janome is that it stitches out designs just beautifully. The few designs I have done are so much fuller and more substantial than any design from the Babylock. I have 1 year to trade up at my Janome dealer, but really don't want to put more money into an embroidery machine at this time. I'd rather invest in embroidery thread.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:02 AM

Here are a few things that I have embroidered for my new grandbaby that is due in August.
I did these on my Babylock Emore, it is an embroidery only machine. It was only sold for a short time but I love it.
The largest hoop size is 5 x 7.
Attached Thumbnails more-burps.jpg   burps.jpg   onsies.jpg  
Old 07-02-2012, 06:38 AM

I have been quilting for around 11 years now. I started out with a little Singer purchased from Sears. Then I went to a Brother CSi6000, that machine did not like me at all, so I sold it. I now have a Brother Laura Ashley Innov'is NX-2000 and I so totally love it!!!! Sews and quilts like a dream.

I also have an embroidery machine. Started out with a used ULT2001, loved it but it sure made a lot of noise. I now have a Brother Innov'is 4000D upgrade to a 4500D and I so totally love it. I tried quilting on this machine and it quilted like a dream, but I was just putting to many stitches on it, that is why I got my Laura Ashley, its the same as my 4000d but no embroidery. I have thought about selling my embroidery machine. Its been a few years since I actually sat down and done any embroidery with it. Then I think sure enough I sell it then I will want to embroider something.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:02 AM

Default embrodery machine owner

I have been ME since 2000 and though I don't use it as much as it first, I do still use it mainly for the quilting motifs on squares when I am quilting them. They are so easy to use, I started out with a Bernina 180 and the software and then I purchased just an embroidery machine as I got caught when my sewing bernina had to go to the shop and I had orders to fill. You just can't imagine what all you can do with and embroidery machine, it is mind boggling. Check out some of the yahoo embroidery sites or machine embroidery magazines and you to will be amazed.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:05 AM

I had the Janome MC10000 and upgraded to 10001 on the Janome web side. I now have the SEMC11000. Embroidery Library has Kenny's Korner for all sorts of help embroidery wise.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:06 AM

I've had my eye on one that's listed on Amazon and SO want to click the "buy now" button instead of the "wish list" one but just not enough money in the coffers to justify buying it although it is a good price, under $700.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:50 AM

I have a janome 350 e which I love and use often. I embroider lots of quilts as well use it for the quilting. I don't understand why you need software. I just put the design on my flash drive and insert it in my EM then stitch it out. I'd love it if someone could explain as I feel like I missing something I could be doing. Thanks Pat
Old 07-02-2012, 08:10 AM

I traded in my Viking some years ago for a Janome 300 embroidery machine and a Janome 6500. Loved being able to sew on the 6500 while the 300 was humming along. Did a lot of the flour sack dish towels and sold those, did towels for grands and some other things. I do recommend the seperate machines if you want to embroider. Just my preference. I still would like to try machine qulting a large quilt on my 300, but am worried about the pulling of the quilt while it is embroidering and pulling the design out of alignment. Any tips for that?
Old 07-02-2012, 08:29 AM

If you want to embroider any Disney characters you will need to purchase a Brother machine. Brother is the only machine licensed by Disney to sew their products. I have a Brother 1500 and my close friend has a Brother Duetta. We both absolutely LOVE our machines. I have made tee shirts with Disney characters for my grandkids and lots of other embroidery too numerous to count. I have a lot of embroidered blocks just sitting there waiting for me to figure out what to do with them. haha. I get so mesmerized just sitting there watching the machine perform and create such wonderful items. The shop I purchased the machine from had lots of classes to learn the machine and get over being overwhelmed.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:03 AM

I am addicted to machine embroidery. I started with the Bernina 180, which I love, then bought the Bernina 640 to take to my machine embroidery club at he LGS. Now I have my dream the Bernina 830. There are so many free designs to download on the web and the AnitaGoodesign Projects are wonderful with beautiful quilt motifs. I hand embroidered many years and still enjoy it, but the machine embroidery exceeds all my expectations. Those of you who machine embroider know what I mean. Have a wonderful day!!