Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Embroidery machine? >

Embroidery machine?

Embroidery machine?

Old 04-23-2011, 05:20 AM

I want to learn embroidery what machine would u recommend to learn on?thanks for any advise.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:09 AM

no advice since I do not have one, but have been thinking more and more why people do. There are so much things you can do with one. Will keep up with the post to see what people say.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:29 AM
Power Poster

Well, everyone is going to recommend the brand they have! I would tell you to get the one that takes the largest hoop that you can afford, and has a USB. If you are technically challenged, make sure you check the dealer out. If possible, try different brands. I have Vikings and love them.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:31 AM

i have a babylock and just love it. I did buy the top of the line and its not necessary but I got one that embroiders and quilts. A friend bought a brother and was under 1000 and she is very happy with it. I do suggest if you get one to get one where you can hook your computer up to it or it takes a memory stick. there are loads of designs on here you will just fall in love with. You need to visit different dealers in your area. The dealers and how you are treated make a big difference
Old 04-23-2011, 07:00 AM

Here is what I have done. Bid on eBay babylock accent now at $265 not me. I now have 4 days left higher bidder on a emotions exploration by Marie osmound with lots of cd's and dvd's. Must be older huh? I will proable win this one no one is bidding against me. Smarter than me. Did I mess up bad?
Old 04-23-2011, 07:11 AM

I don't know this machine but would guess it only has a 4x4 emboidery field. If you find you enjoy machine embroidery you will outgrow it. That is why many advise getting the largest emb. field you can afford.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:17 AM

I have a Janome 11000 SE and Janome MB4. They both do beautiful embroidery. The MB4 only does embroidery and both come with hoops for the 11000SE the largest hoop was extra. Janome has several machines that embroidery and all do a great job. I think they are easier to use then other machines I tried.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by Monie
Here is what I have done. Bid on eBay babylock accent now at $265 not me. I now have 4 days left higher bidder on a emotions exploration by Marie osmound with lots of cd's and dvd's. Must be older huh? I will proable win this one no one is bidding against me. Smarter than me. Did I mess up bad?
I did a little web surfing research on your machine. It is an embroidery only machine. I can’t find out if it has a USB connection but it does have a card slot and cards are available. I found one review located at http://www0.epinions.com/content_13328617092

I don’t think you messed up at all. Keep the price low and within your comfort level and you’ll have a great machine to test the waters with. My personal confort level on this machine would be no more then $300. But that's me. If this one doesn't work out, check your local machine shops, they might have just what your looking for in a used starter machine.

Enjoy! Mona
Old 04-23-2011, 08:08 AM

contact local independent sewing machine stores and see if they have any trade ins....start small and work up. What if you deceide you don't like doing embroidery, you don't want to have a bunch of money invested. I am on my second machine, to me the most important thing is the computer software ease of use, the availability of the format your machine uses, and the use of a flash drive. Then you downoad designs from the internet right onto your flashdrive, no cards needed, and they are expensive.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:11 AM

Thanks everyone and Mona for the price I should not go over. Bid not over for4 more days.