Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Embroidery machine >

Embroidery machine

Embroidery machine

Old 10-08-2013, 03:35 PM

I think you have to double stitch them. I have done a lot of hand cross stitch with Aida - Anything over 8 count seems to need double threads. 11/14 count is a double thread. Try going over it twice, or see if you can find anything on using 2 threads in one needle for that particular machine. The process used to be called tweeding, and you can do it with built-in stitches, but the technique was pre-embroidery machine.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by joanne123 View Post
Good morning! I am trying to use my brother pe770 and adia cloth. Is there a way to use both of them together. the first few patterns are loose and I can see the holes. I want to get my stitches tight and look like perfection. Any assistance or advise would be greatly appreciated.

What are you using for a stabilizer? Can't think of the name of it but Medeira and Floriani both have one where its sticky covered in a paper you remove once it's hooped, so little waste, and makes really nice stitching on things that don't hoop- velvet, satin, etc. I'm betting on the stabilizer is the key to success in your case.