Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
embroidery machines >

embroidery machines

embroidery machines

Old 05-09-2011, 12:45 PM

The Brother PE770 and PE780 are embroidery machines only. They will not do regular sewing.
p.s. I love my PE770 machine, but do have a standard Janome also.
Old 05-09-2011, 02:55 PM

My embroidery machines only do embroidery. I like that because once you set it up, choose your design and hoop your project it runs itself until the project is done unless you have to change thread color. You can be working on a sewing or quilting project while the embroidery machihe does it's thing. Just another way to multitask.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:57 PM

The Janome 11000 SE is both a sewing machine and embroidery machine and very easy to change from one to another. I also have the MB4 that only embroideries.

Love both of them.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:20 PM

I have a Brothers 4000 does both love it
Old 05-11-2011, 05:02 AM

What do and don't you like about your machine?

Originally Posted by Freddie
The Brother PE770 and PE780 are embroidery machines only. They will not do regular sewing.
Old 05-11-2011, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by grammydar
What do and don't you like about your machine?

Originally Posted by Freddie
I like it that it is only an embroidery machine. I feel that for the price it is an excellent machine (appr. $700.00). Easy to use and stitches 5x7 designs. You can also buy an 5x12 hoop, which I have. Just note that you don't have to rehoop if you use this one, but it cannot stitch a 12 inch design. You have to move the hoop. That is nice if you want to embroider some small designs.I like it that it has an USB port, so I can download any pes design and upload to the machine. Of course it also has the built in designs and you can use the purchased cards also, which I have not done yet. You can also use DST designs if you have to.
The negative part is that the screen is small and only shows black and white. It is not very clear, but I have a program on my computer, so I can view it better there. I knew that before I bought the PE770, but for the price I am really happy. This one is not available in the local shop, but I bought it online. I had a Brother machine for 45 years (not embroidery)and finally had to let go. Now I have a standard Janome (mechanical) and love that one too.
Old 05-11-2011, 10:41 AM

I have only had mine 3 months it is a Singer Futura 250
and I like it so far......got mine from Sewing Mchines Plus
and got all the software with it.
Old 05-14-2011, 04:25 AM

OK So we went to the quilt shop 1 1/2 hrs away to look at the brother. they didn't have the 770 they sold it last week, ahhh. but the lady there showed me a designer I, that was traded in, It does so much more than my Viking Iris, and DH says it is worth the extra to get the Designer, sooo I'm getting a new to me machine soon.
Old 05-14-2011, 04:52 AM

OK So we went to the quilt shop 1 1/2 hrs away to look at the brother. they didn't have the 770 they sold it last week, ahhh. but the lady there showed me a designer I, that was traded in, It does so much more than my Viking Iris, and DH says it is worth the extra to get the Designer, sooo I'm getting a new to me machine soon.
The D1 is a great machine!! Did you get a disk version or USB? You will love it!
Old 05-14-2011, 01:19 PM

Have fun with your new machine!