Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: embroidery thread conversion chart

I just got some radiant embroidery thread. Does anyone know where to get a conversion chart. My machine does not give numbers and the only thing I can find gives one color at a time and I DON'T want to go there for every color. there mustbe a print out somewhere. thanks ,Sherry

Blog Entries
    scroll down to the bottom of this page for the conversion charts :D:D:D

http://www.secretsof.com/content/3720

I'm using Radiant rayon. I got 350 spools on ebay and so far it is pretty good. Good colors, but there sure are a lot of them. When the machine just gives you a number and I have no idea what that little part is I get confused. I put grey udders on my cow.

Quote Originally Posted by craftygma47
    I put grey udders on my cow.
    I sprayed my monitor with hot chocolate when I read that! Poor cow! [img]http://www.pic4ever.com/images/tauruss.gif[/img]

Blog Entries
    I'm using Radiant rayon. I got 350 spools on ebay and so far it is pretty good. Good colors, but there sure are a lot of them. When the machine just gives you a number and I have no idea what that little part is I get confused. I put grey udders on my cow.
    Can you print out a jpeg picture of your project? Many embroidery designs have that included so that you can see the color better. I like to print that out and any other info they give me...it makes it easier to see the color changes and such.

There isn't one. For some reason all my patterns are just a picture. I thought it gsve me a chart before but it doesn,t now. If I GO TO EMBROIDERYDK it has a chart and I can compare it visually. By the color next on the list I can tell what it is but if I don't stay online while I'm working I'm confused. I'm new to everything, computers, online, machine embroidery, all of it. I'm most grateful that I stumbled onto you guys. A year ago I was stumbleing along on a walmart simple machine. Now my seams are even and straight and I've learned a lot.

I'm sorry but I had to laugh about your cow's udders!!

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider
    I put grey udders on my cow.
    I sprayed my monitor with hot chocolate when I read that! Poor cow! [img]http://www.pic4ever.com/images/tauruss.gif[/img]
    LOL Mine just got sprayed with coffee!!! I think that we all have made some interesting color choices at one time or another, thanks to color charts.......

Ok I figured out how to get the machine to display a color instead of a number of the color. I guess I can live without a color chart. we changed it in class and I was really lost for a while. It's all a learning expierince.

Blog Entries
    I am so happy that you figured this out :D:D:D

thanks, you guys and girls are jewels beyond value

I just got some radiant embroidery thread. Does anyone know where to get a conversion chart. My machine does not give numbers and the only thing I can find gives one color at a time and I DON'T want to go there for every color. there mustbe a print out somewhere. thanks ,Sherry
    thread: check with a JoAnn or a Hancock Fabrics store in your area if there is one available

Quote Originally Posted by amma
    scroll down to the bottom of this page for the conversion charts :D:D:D

http://www.secretsof.com/content/3720
    This does not list the Radiant brand in any way

[url]http://www.mrlogo.com/Software/Floriani/ThreadConverterPro/ThreadConverterPro.htm[url]

I love this one and the best part is it is free I have one other that you can actually keep track of your thread in but I can't find it right now lol