Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: embroidery thread conversion chart

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    phoenix,az
    Posts
    73
    I just got some radiant embroidery thread. Does anyone know where to get a conversion chart. My machine does not give numbers and the only thing I can find gives one color at a time and I DON'T want to go there for every color. there mustbe a print out somewhere. thanks ,Sherry

  2. #2
    Power Poster amma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Out searching for some sunshine :-)
    Posts
    59,079
    Blog Entries
    1
    scroll down to the bottom of this page for the conversion charts :D:D:D

    http://www.secretsof.com/content/3720

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    phoenix,az
    Posts
    73
    I'm using Radiant rayon. I got 350 spools on ebay and so far it is pretty good. Good colors, but there sure are a lot of them. When the machine just gives you a number and I have no idea what that little part is I get confused. I put grey udders on my cow.

  4. #4
    Super Member ghostrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,666
    Quote Originally Posted by craftygma47
    I put grey udders on my cow.
    I sprayed my monitor with hot chocolate when I read that! Poor cow! [img]http://www.pic4ever.com/images/tauruss.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Power Poster amma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Out searching for some sunshine :-)
    Posts
    59,079
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by craftygma47
    I'm using Radiant rayon. I got 350 spools on ebay and so far it is pretty good. Good colors, but there sure are a lot of them. When the machine just gives you a number and I have no idea what that little part is I get confused. I put grey udders on my cow.
    Can you print out a jpeg picture of your project? Many embroidery designs have that included so that you can see the color better. I like to print that out and any other info they give me...it makes it easier to see the color changes and such.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    phoenix,az
    Posts
    73
    There isn't one. For some reason all my patterns are just a picture. I thought it gsve me a chart before but it doesn,t now. If I GO TO EMBROIDERYDK it has a chart and I can compare it visually. By the color next on the list I can tell what it is but if I don't stay online while I'm working I'm confused. I'm new to everything, computers, online, machine embroidery, all of it. I'm most grateful that I stumbled onto you guys. A year ago I was stumbleing along on a walmart simple machine. Now my seams are even and straight and I've learned a lot.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Posts
    54
    I'm sorry but I had to laugh about your cow's udders!!

  8. #8
    Super Member Tink's Mom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    chicago, IL
    Posts
    9,692
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider
    Quote Originally Posted by craftygma47
    I put grey udders on my cow.
    I sprayed my monitor with hot chocolate when I read that! Poor cow! [img]http://www.pic4ever.com/images/tauruss.gif[/img]
    LOL Mine just got sprayed with coffee!!! I think that we all have made some interesting color choices at one time or another, thanks to color charts.......

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    phoenix,az
    Posts
    73
    Ok I figured out how to get the machine to display a color instead of a number of the color. I guess I can live without a color chart. we changed it in class and I was really lost for a while. It's all a learning expierince.

  10. #10
    Power Poster amma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Out searching for some sunshine :-)
    Posts
    59,079
    Blog Entries
    1
    I am so happy that you figured this out :D:D:D

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    phoenix,az
    Posts
    73
    thanks, you guys and girls are jewels beyond value

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by craftygma47
    I just got some radiant embroidery thread. Does anyone know where to get a conversion chart. My machine does not give numbers and the only thing I can find gives one color at a time and I DON'T want to go there for every color. there mustbe a print out somewhere. thanks ,Sherry
    thread: check with a JoAnn or a Hancock Fabrics store in your area if there is one available

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by amma
    scroll down to the bottom of this page for the conversion charts :D:D:D

    http://www.secretsof.com/content/3720
    This does not list the Radiant brand in any way

  14. #14
    Senior Member cassie69emt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Western New York
    Posts
    383
    [url]http://www.mrlogo.com/Software/Floriani/ThreadConverterPro/ThreadConverterPro.htm[url]

    I love this one and the best part is it is free I have one other that you can actually keep track of your thread in but I can't find it right now lol

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.