Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Entry level embroidery machine >

Entry level embroidery machine

Entry level embroidery machine

Old 06-02-2013, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by 0tis View Post
Thanks for all the replies - I am really leaning toward the Brother PE 770 after reading your recommendations and then researching on the internet - just talked to my husband and he is all for it. Now to find the best price and free shipping. Woo hoo.
I think it's really the way to go and you'll be much happier having the larger hoop size. I'd compare Amazon and Ken's.. and of course local dealers as well. Have fun with it.. and don't forget to sign up for embroidery site newsletters. I'm partial to urban threads and emblibrary. Their designs always stitch beautifully and they have great sales
Old 06-02-2013, 07:38 PM

I suggest you buy locally so you can get classes and support. Its not as easy as you think! They just make it look easy. Kinda like playing the piano and ice skating. Takes a lot to get to that point.
Old 06-02-2013, 08:24 PM

I am new to the group (today) and also do machine embroidery as well as making quilts. I would second the nomination of the PE770. I have a Viking Designer SE - it sews and embroiders. The PE770 just embroiders. My quilting friend just purchased one and she loves it. Brother is a good product too. There are many websites that sells designs and also sites to find out about stabilizers, hooping, etc. If you can purchase direct from a dealer, you will get classes and lots of help. It is hoped that this info is helpful to you. Good luck in finding "your" machine.
Old 06-02-2013, 08:28 PM

I recently bought Brother PE770 and would highly recommend it. I did a lot of research here on the QB and on Internet. Seemed to be best buy for the money. Then I checked for best price. Much to my surprise I ended up buying it online at Sears using 20% off coupon and getting free shipping. I just checked the Sears site and they have it for $604 from Overstock.com. Ended up ordered software program from all brands. I also got very lucky and someone on Craigslist was selling several of the larger hoops for $40 total. I found the machine price to be all over the place so do good Internet search for best price!