Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Eq 5? >

Eq 5?

Eq 5?

Old 12-13-2013, 09:14 AM
Power Poster

My sister gave me EQ5 a few years ago. I LOVE it. I have learned a lot of it on my own. (hate reading instructions). Thirty dollars is a bargain for this wonderful program! Go for it.
Old 12-13-2013, 10:34 AM

That's still true with EQ7. And I am extremely computer literate, so it's not a case of ignorance. Many of the features are not user friendly. Once you learn them, it's not half bad. However, I find that if I don't use it for a couple of months, there is a short 're-learning' curve.
Old 12-13-2013, 10:40 AM

Do a search on Ebay or Amazon for quilting software. There is one software package called "Quilt Design Wizard" that sells for about $25. I never used it, so can't recommend it.

Maybe others on the QB have used it and can provide comments.
Old 12-13-2013, 02:43 PM

Default Thank you!

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
My first program was EQ3 which I upgrade to EQ4. I finally upgraded to EQ5 which I absolute love. I am just finishing making a bunch of mug rugs for my new neighbors. I used a book which contained a variety of blocks that were 9". I converted all the blocks to 6". It just took a moment to draw the block out, color and save it. Then I could either print out a rotary cutter sheet or a paper piecing layout. I scan these items so you can see what EQ created. I could have taken the blocks and put them into a quilt layout. Weezy rider is correct. I thought it was because of Windows XL, but sometimes you need to hunt down the location or file name you want the project to be saved as.

But there are some of us on the board that would assist you getting familiar with the program. Make sure that the program you buy comes with all the accessories. One is the CD. Second is the Cookbook with step by step instructions and the third is a manual with the software ID. You need that ID in order to register the software with Electric Quilt. The license can be permanently transferred to another individual.
Thank you so much for your reply to my question! Great info! And thanks to everyone else for your input....never thought about the registration key! I emailed a seller early this am and have not received a response, so I may try to contact a different seller....