Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: EQ6 problem -importing fabric

Everything was going well until I tried importing fabric. I set it 150 and some of the material looks good, some doesn't. When I go to set it into the blocks, it doesn't even really distinguish between the colors. The system slows down sooo bad it almost crashes the program. What am I doing wrong?

What program do you use to scan your fabric to?

I have the same program. I use my HP Scanner and set it for 200 dpi but some of the lighter color don't show up much either. Page 139 says to scan at 72-75 dpi for jpeg or tiff files. keep the image files at 200 x 200 pixels might also help

The program I'm scanning into (by default) won't let me change anything else. I'm baffled!!!

Sorry, wish I could help. Hopefully someone will see this and get it figured out for you. I have EQ6 but have yet to familiarize myself with it.

I too have EQ6 and and can't figure it out either. Why do they keep changing things. Sometimes the old works better. Never had a problem with EQ5.

You know I had the book open and everything!! :lol: :lol: Just can't figure out what I've done wrong. Totally baffled!! :?

Blog Entries
    maybe try taking pictures of it instead of scanning them. You may have better luck being able to make the adjustments in your photo program.

hey I read today, that if you change it from "photo" to "normal", or try to "descreen" or put the fabric on an angle

I did do normal. Maybe a photo like Amma said, I don't know. Maybe this will end up in a phone call. Boy, I hate it when I actually follow the directions and still it doesn't work!!! :lol: :lol: Atleast I have time to play with this quilt, not in a hurry. Its for Christmas soooo plenty of time.

If the fabric is a major brand - you may be able to go directly to the website and download the jpeg - that is what I usually do.

Also Connecting threads has a download page

http://quiltwithus.connectingthreads...e/eq-downloads

Quote Originally Posted by eparys
    If the fabric is a major brand - you may be able to go directly to the website and download the jpeg - that is what I usually do.

Also Connecting threads has a download page

http://quiltwithus.connectingthreads...e/eq-downloads
    I got this fabric at JoAnn's. I see it on their website, but (inactuality I have not looked anywhere else). I'll look to see if the fabric even has a mfg stamp on it.

Thanks for the idea!!! I'm going to give up on this until Monday and start all over!!! :D :roll:

Blog Entries
    . EQ has free fabric libraries of fabric lines that goes right into your EQ program. Also the Stash cd has every fabric printed that year. I haven't had any problem not finding an image online of the fabric I have at home if EQ does not have it ready to import.

Another way is go to the Joanns site - find the fabric. If you are using windows, you can right click on the image, pull the cursor down to "Save Image As" select that, browse to where you want to save it and then try importing that image into EQ.

Thanks!! I'll try your suggestions and see what happens come Monday. Have to give up sewing this weekend, things to do before mom and dad come out. Gonna take advantage of the x-tra hands here to help out. :wink: To-do-list is finally going down and (scarry) getting managable!! :lol: :lol: