Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Ever have a quilt that .... >

Ever have a quilt that ....

Ever have a quilt that ....

Old 07-18-2011, 10:31 PM

Yes. I was making a quilt for my nephew's baby boy to be. Anything and everything went wrong. But through blood, sweat and tears I was able to finish it. But I was so thankful when it was over.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:36 AM
Power Poster

feeling for you {hugs}. i'm working on one of those as well.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:25 AM

I've had several like this. I just work on something else for a day and then go back to it and it seems to go smoother.
Old 07-19-2011, 04:52 AM

Can't wait to see pics.

Originally Posted by deedum
you can't wait to get finsihed? A quilt that seems never ending, a problem quilt, a challenging quilt? A quilt that just keeps you in a frustration every time you touch it? Know what I am talking about? This could very well be that quilt! I am soooooo tired of looking at it and fighting with it that I am not sure I want to keep it. (it was suppose to be for us to keep for our spare bedroom) Grrrr! Yet it maybe beautiful in the end.

Thanks for listening :thumbup:

P.s. I have finished quilting it tonite and just got to do the binding yet. Hoping that may go smoothly.
Old 07-19-2011, 05:06 AM
Power Poster

YES!YES!YES!
in fact my mother-in-law's quilt- oh my gosh--it was such a pain! by the time i finally finished it i was so dog-gone unhappy with it---and sick of looking at it---i really wanted to send it to a landfill!
almost didn't give it to her- only did because hubby insisted---
she loves the quilt- everytime anyone mentions it i want to yank it off her bed and throw it out!
i've never had a quilt give me such fits-
in my (probably a bit over critical) mind it is HORRIBLE! the components of the quilt are (ok) but putting it together didn't go so well --- in my mind i guess---lucky for me hubby's family are not 'crafty' people---and don't pay too close attention- i would want to crawl under a rock and never make another quilt if she decided to actually show it off to a quilter.......
Old 07-19-2011, 05:53 AM

When I get to that point, I walk away for a while. Not as frustrated/upset when I finally get back to it. The binding will wait for a day or two.

My recommendation - brownies with a hot fudge sundae followed by some chocolate as a chaser. :)
Old 07-19-2011, 09:08 AM

I made a quilt top I loved. I was trying to quilt it and I had so many problems with it I can't hardly stand to look at it. I still haven't put the binding on it and fix the back where the eagle nests made holes in the back. I haven't tried to quilt anything since. I will tho. I have several tops to quilt.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by Glassquilt
When I get to that point, I walk away for a while. Not as frustrated/upset when I finally get back to it. The binding will wait for a day or two.

My recommendation - brownies with a hot fudge sundae followed by some chocolate as a chaser. :)
I guess the hot fudge sundae wouldn't hurt!!!
Old 07-20-2011, 04:03 AM

I must say I threw the quilt out once maybe twice. I threw the pattern away a long time ago. Somehow days later I would retrieve the quilt out of the trash and give it another go around. gee,I cut the binding last nite, getting close to done, done, done! I can't wait!
Amazing how some quilts just fight you all the way, and other times I walk thru the sewing room to get something, get involved in a project and walk out with a completed quilt. Now I like that kind.