Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Eversewn 30S >

Eversewn 30S

Eversewn 30S

Old 05-31-2023, 04:24 PM

Default Eversewn 30S

Looking for feedback from anyone who has the Eversewn 30S. Sorry if I missed any posts on this but only found 1 recent posting on Eversewn. Many others are a few years old.
I've been a Bernina gal for over 40 years--currently have 790+ and 165 that I am not replacing. I need a light sewing machine for classes, etc. due to some shoulder issues. I've done some research and the Eversewn 30S seems light and has a robust inventory of stitches. There are so many other manufacturers it's daunting to research any more online. I found a LQS that had a couple of the other Eversewn models. I did some test sewing and heard that Bernina 'burp' when powered on! Any/All feedback welcome. Thanks in advance!!
Old 05-31-2023, 05:09 PM
Power Poster

I bought the Eversewn 30 sparrow when it first came on the market. The LQS had them. I paid about $300 for it. Wonderful machine. I loved the color of the rose gold. I think now the color is a blue color. It has all the features I wanted even auto thread cutter. Alphabet, and hundreds of decorative stitches. Had a bonus accessory feet package with purchase all I could need and extension table. Perfect for classes and retreats. I gave it to my granddaughter a few years ago and she is still using it. The dealer told me it was designed by a Bernina engineer.
Old 06-01-2023, 03:18 AM

I have the Eversewn 30, I bought it years ago when they first came out. I've used it to take to my weekly sewing circle, it still runs like a champion. It's lightweight and easy to learn. I always clean out the bobbin area after each use and use quality thread. I've not had any problems with it. When I finish using it I always put the presser foot down to release that tension.
Old 06-01-2023, 06:55 AM

What they said. I love mine, It is my machine in the RV so only gets used 4 months of the year, but used heavily then.
I sold my featherweight in 2018 and replaced it with the 30, for the auto threader, thread cutter, and drop in bobbin, An excellent decision. I have it set in a vintage singer cabinet.
I've been a Janome girl all my life, and a plus is all my 7mm feet fit the eversewn.
I busted my machine surround and when I didn't find it on the website to reorder, they sent me one at no charge. Serious customer service!

One side concern, I've never had it serviced yet, so don't know if the local shops will turn up their noses at a web purchase machine, maybe someone else can answer that.

Some quilt shops carry them now. I've never had a minute's problem with mine and when my big Janome dies I'll move the eversewn to top billing.
Sewing in Texas on vacation
Attached Thumbnails ingram-tx-rv-park-shetland-ponies.jpg  

Last edited by KalamaQuilts; 06-01-2023 at 06:57 AM.
Old 06-01-2023, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
I bought the Eversewn 30 sparrow when it first came on the market. The LQS had them. I paid about $300 for it. Wonderful machine. I loved the color of the rose gold. I think now the color is a blue color. It has all the features I wanted even auto thread cutter. Alphabet, and hundreds of decorative stitches. Had a bonus accessory feet package with purchase all I could need and extension table. Perfect for classes and retreats. I gave it to my granddaughter a few years ago and she is still using it. The dealer told me it was designed by a Bernina engineer.
Me too...bought it from Amazon gave it to dd about a year later and replaced it with the Eversewn QE. Really like that machine too.

Kalama....nice view!
Old 06-03-2023, 10:30 PM

I thought about buying one for traveling, but never did. When I saw them sold at Quilt In A Day it was enough of an endorsement for me. I doubt Eleanor Burns would endorse a bad machine. The only reason I didn't buy it was I have the Featherweight and a Europro. Both are good working machines so couldn't truly justify buying a third.
Old 06-04-2023, 08:11 PM

I had heard that the Eversewn machines are made by people who used to be involved with Bernina, so I would expect them to have the Bernina quality and performance. I've debated about getting one, but I feel that at this stage of life, I shouldn't be spending money on another machine. Tempting, though!

Leslie
Old 06-05-2023, 06:35 AM

EverSewn machines are built by a company run by family members of the owners of Bernina. The machines are not built to the quite the same standards as “real” Berninas, but they are still one up from the Bernette lines IMHO. I seriously looked at one before I ended up with my current vintage Bernina 830 Record as my travel machine. Seems like you are used to and happy with the snap on feet, which was the only thing I had against them. If I was looking for a modern travel machine, I would definitely have looked long and hard to an EverSewn. I just ended up with a mechanical because our travel is extensive and bouncy.