Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Eversewn Sparrow 30 machine >

Eversewn Sparrow 30 machine

Eversewn Sparrow 30 machine

Old 10-07-2023, 05:18 PM
Power Poster

Default Eversewn Sparrow 30 machine

I have the chance to buy one, used once at a one day quilt class and put away never used again. All accessories and case for $200. I bought one when they were first sold for my daughter but she hasn't used it much but said she liked it. She isn't much of a sewer so.... Anyone have one and like or dislike it? I want a lightweight machine with all the features for retreats and this has all the features I want. I guess for $200 it isn't going break the bank either way but an honest review helps
Old 10-07-2023, 09:10 PM
Power Poster

I gave it to my granddaughter not daughter. Granddaughter loved the rose gold color . I sewed on it a little but not enough to go through the paces .
Old 10-08-2023, 04:04 AM

Onebyone, I don't know anything about the machine, but I think if you like it and it works for retreats, like you said, won't break the bank, I say, go for it and enjoy it!
Old 10-08-2023, 06:36 AM

I think you got a good deal! Both in price and features.

I just bought the lower model, the non-computerized 15 for a bit under $200 when I added a 1/4 quilting foot. I've been using it for my new sewing group. There are reasons why I wanted non-computerized model, mostly because I will still have a high end machine set up at the house and just wanted a nice straight stitch on a portable machine. So far I've been quite happy with the machine. For me it is intuitive to use, a do find it a little loud and a little slow,

The 30 goes slightly faster and has some options that are desirable. I'm used to the foot pedal but the 30 has the start/stop button, a speed control, and cut thread. The weight is good for a portable machine and it will fit in standard rolling cases. I probably would have snatched yours up at the price point!!
Old 10-08-2023, 07:03 AM

There are two ladies in my Quilt Guild who have this machine. They bring them every week and I’ve never heard either of them complain about the machine.
Old 10-08-2023, 08:54 AM

That is a good price. I bought one for the thread cutter. It is lightweight and great for sewing days or retreats.
Old 10-08-2023, 02:57 PM

I absolutely love mine. I've had it for 3 years. I consider it a real workhorse.
Old 10-12-2023, 10:53 AM
Power Poster

The rolling tote made for it is the same as the Bernina one, has the Eversewn logo, design and color but the tote is made identical to the Bernina one that came with my Bernina. This Eversewn was bought at the local Bernina shop here, receipt was in the box.