Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Expectations when ordering online? >

Expectations when ordering online?

Expectations when ordering online?

Old 11-20-2009, 04:20 PM
Power Poster

I placed an order this morning with fabric.com...After I hit place order...my computer thought...and thought...and thought...and thought.....now I'm in a quandry..do I hit place order again??? do I try to cancel?? wonder if they got it??? Then I noticed they had a place for Live Chat on the sidebar....GREAT!!! I got a live person in like 5 secs...problem solved...it was great..wish all the stores had this..My order has even already shipped! I do love that site!
Old 11-20-2009, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
I placed an order this morning with fabric.com...After I hit place order...my computer thought...and thought...and thought...and thought.....now I'm in a quandry..do I hit place order again??? do I try to cancel?? wonder if they got it??? Then I noticed they had a place for Live Chat on the sidebar....GREAT!!! I got a live person in like 5 secs...problem solved...it was great..wish all the stores had this..My order has even already shipped! I do love that site!

I also love fabric.com -- and their little special deals you get occasionally. The other day I got an email from them stating "happy anniversary" -- it had been 2 years since I had first started ordering from them and they sent me a 20% off coupon....I used it that day :oops: :oops:

Old 11-20-2009, 07:43 PM

I order from a number of online shops and I have had wonderful service. In many cases the order has arrived very quickly. I also like that many shops notify you when the shipment is sent. I have been able to locate coordinates of fabric that were sold out in the LQS and been able to take advantage of sales, closeouts, and other great offers.

I just have to watch myself that I don't find too many offers irresistible. :D It is so easy that happens sometimes. :!:
Old 11-21-2009, 05:44 AM
Power Poster

It happens ALL the time to me....yesterday..DH just smiled and said "My mom used to make quilts and she never bought all that stuff"...and I said " yes...and she cut up the clothes you were wearing and used flour sacks to boot...want to run get me some of those?????" :wink:

Actually...he doesn't care and loves what I make..He just likes to play with me. :roll:
Old 11-23-2009, 08:41 AM

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

Originally Posted by katier825
It's good you are polling your potential customers...to me, it shows you care how we feel! :)
Katie, I asked because I do care what people think. One of the differences of selling online is that you don't really know how well you've done in terms of pleasing your customers. Occasionally we get some feedback, but the vast majority of our customers just quietly go their way without a comment. Unlike when you greet customers face-to-face, and you can see a smile or a frown or a puzzled look.