Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: eyebrow razor

I started to read the posts about quilting notions, etc. I am not able to read very long at a time because of my eyes so maybe this has already been said. Our dollar store has the eyebrow razors, two in a pack. I really like using it. So much easier than a ripper. Blessings Kathryn

Blog Entries
    They do a good job cutting stitches. They do get dull fast so buy several packages while they are on sale.

I've used these.. aren't they snazzy????

I too have vision problems... and I find if I enlarge the font ( either perm or temp) it is soooo much easier on my eyes!

Blog Entries
    I haven't ever seen eyebrow razors, so I have no idea whether they are good as seam rippers - I just can't get my head round why anyone would want to shave their eyebrows in the first place. LOL

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacelady
    I just can't get my head round why anyone would want to shave their eyebrows in the first place. LOL
    When I first heard about using these for a seam ripper I had no idea what they were either. Most packages are labeled eyebrow shapers. Seems to me they would shape the eyebrow right off. I'll stick to a good pair of tweezers. :P

Blog Entries
    can you take a photo of the eyebrow razor for us, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kathryn2
    I started to read the posts about quilting notions, etc. I am not able to read very long at a time because of my eyes so maybe this has already been said. Our dollar store has the eyebrow razors, two in a pack. I really like using it. So much easier than a ripper. Blessings Kathryn

That's a new one to me. I need to check these out on my next day off.

np3
    Blog Entries
    We had a thread about this before. And I think there was a picture too. I looked but never found them at any sotre.

Blog Entries
    eyebrow razors? seriously? he,he. i have to put "on" my eyebrows daily.
    ok, maybe for ripping out stitches, but otherwise i would not have use for one. sorry, i can't keep from laughing.

Blog Entries
    These are the type that I purchased at Family Dollar.

http://www.drugstore.com/noxzema-eye...7-cc94ce1140fb

Blog Entries
    Here is what the most common ones look like.
    Attached Images Attached Images

bj
    I use them because I can't see to tweeze anymore. Have only had one mishap so far :shock: but a little eyebrow pencil fixed it right up!

Blog Entries
    This may be an incredibly dumb question :D but how do you use these?
    Do you pull the fabrics open and slice the threads in between (like the scalpel type thread picker) , or lay the fabric flat and move this across the stitches?

Blog Entries
    I carefully pull the fabrics apart and slice the threads in between.

A member of our quilting group in FL used an electric (battery) ear and nose hair trimmer. If you are married to someone under 60 you might not know how nose and ear hair grows!

I love those things for my eyebrows. I went and got my eyebrows shaped at a salon so now all I do is shave off the part that grows back every couple of days. Sure beats tweezing or waxing to me. I've never heard of using them for seem rippers but I think I may have to try it. Thanks for the tip.

Blog Entries
    i always used these when i was younger, i just could not pluck my eyebrows! i think they would work better, if they had a curve at the tip.

Blog Entries
    Oh my.. those sound scary to me.. they might work great for seam ripping, but for eyebrow shaping... YIKES!! I've never had very many brows ever.. would never take a chance on having NONE!

Glad when I reached 50, my eyebrows started to behave themselves. I only have to tweeze an occasional stray about once a year. Love Mary Kay light brown eyebrow pencil. Looks so natural.

My SQA sent me some razors. I tried to use them on my stitches, but had difficulty because my hands/fingers due to arthritis can't do the grip/hold/pull all at the same time. I did dull one, but I am afraid I would not use again. Sorry SQA!

When I was a young woman, one of my cousins (who was a beautician) taught me how to shave my eyebrows with a razor blade. It's similar to the type that you use to scrape paint with, only it's long and narrow. Don't try it if your hands shake! It's painless and your skin doesn't turn red and puffy like when you tweezer them. But do not attempt this with out someone teaching you the proper way.

I never saw a seam ripper until my 30's. When I was a kid, my grandmother taught me to use a regular razor blade to remove stitches. A lot of times we would do it together since it's easier if you have more than two hands. I don't use a razor blade for that anymore. Fabric is too expensive to take the chance of slicing it up!

Blog Entries
    My former SIL managed to shave her eyebrows off. No joke. It did not add any endearment for me other than an overwhelming urge to laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo
    Here is what the most common ones look like.

I've seen the eyebrow sharpers at Walmart with the tweezers. That's how I first found out about them but can't imagine using them for my eyebrows.

Andie :D

Quote Originally Posted by Lacelady
    I haven't ever seen eyebrow razors, so I have no idea whether they are good as seam rippers - I just can't get my head round why anyone would want to shave their eyebrows in the first place. LOL
    My grandmother had long eyebrow hairs twice the normal length and I am developing the same tendency. My husband had such bushy eyebrows that he had the barber cut them. I would have but he would never ask me to. I THINK they may be for sideburns instead of eyebrows, though.