Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fabic

I shop online and in LQS (which in my case aren't so local). If I am looking for a specific fabric I go online because it is easier than driving for an hour one way only to discover the QS doesn't have the fabric. If we're driving to a particular area, I always make sure I know where the nearest QS is so I can check them out and of course buy some fabric etc.

Blog Entries
    You can also find a lot of nice fabric on here. I know I have. And I've offered stuff from my stash as well. Scroll down and check them out or just go to the home page and click on the Classified section. It's better than the home shopping network.

I do alot of shopping online. I have never had any problems. We live so far from anything but WM, which carries no notions or fabric!

Blog Entries
    I agree...and the more that go out of business the higher the prices will go in others. I am buying more and more fabric from the LQS but rulers, threads, Batting and other notions form Joannes
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeri M
    I try to go to LQS. We have already had one close and then another just last month. I really try to support them. There is nothing like running into a store and seeing thousands of quality fabric and smiling faces that help you with any of your needs.

Blog Entries
    I shop everwhere there's fabric to be had, but try and get all my notions at JoAnn's. Love those 40% coupons.

I purchase all my fabric from my LQS. I have never ordered fabric online. I want to see and feel the quality of the fabric before I buy it. I also purchase my thread there as well because it is important to use good thread. Rotary blades, rulers, etc. is cheaper to purchase at JoAnns and use a coupon.

I do most of my shopping on line, only because I'm in a wheelchair, and it's difficult for me to get out. I have been to my local LQS, and would love to spend more time there, Hobby Lobby and Walmart. I like seeing and feeling the fabric. Although most of what I have ordered was perfect, but I did get a few things that were not the right color, or were totally different than what the pictures looked like.

Quote Originally Posted by klgreene
    I do most of my shopping on line, only because I'm in a wheelchair, and it's difficult for me to get out. I have been to my local LQS, and would love to spend more time there, Hobby Lobby and Walmart. I like seeing and feeling the fabric. Although most of what I have ordered was perfect, but I did get a few things that were not the right color, or were totally different than what the pictures looked like.
    Thats good to know, about the color not always looking the same. Thanks

I'm an online addict. Have found some of the most gorgeous fabrics and prices I could never match in the brick and mortar stores.

Thanks, have you always got what you order ? Like the exact color.

A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dakotamaid
    I shop everywhere, online, LQS, garage sales, craigslist, ebay, you name it. Wherever I can find the best price for what I want and need.
    Ditto- me too!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara
    Thanks, have you always got what you order ? Like the exact color.
    I've never had an issue, and I often order online. I have 1 LQS that's nasty so I don't go there, and the other one is 45-50 minutes away from me, so it's rare I go.

I have to order online, there are no stores for 120 miles round trip. Wallmart took out the fabric department. this is not typo, I live in Rottonwood.

Power Poster
    Welcome from WI.

community benefactor p38flygirl's Avatar
    I do both..But I always look for sales to help build my stash..There are always some good sales here on the board...

lue
    Oh we all shop EVERYWHERE. In fact, truth be told, we all shop TOO MUCH EVERYWHERE. Fabric stores, quilt shops, Goodwill (be sure to put it in the dryer before you stash it), garage sales, friends stashes, enemies stashes... you get the idea. I love the FEEL of fabric but have bought on line and don't get to feel it until it is delivered. Just be sure it's 100% cotton I'm told so that's what I try to do.

I shop online mostly. There is no fabric stores near me.

I have done allright shopping online, as well as at JoAnns and Fabric Depot. I too am a bargain hunter (my usual mode), but I broke the bank this weekend at a LQS.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara
    Do most of you go to the local fabic shop to get you suppies or do you order online? I'm new at quilting and so far I've been going to local stores and walmart. I've never ordered online.
    Thanks for the advice.
    If you are going to start shopping online, it is worth the time to have a pay pal account to keep your identity protected.

l like to see and feel what I'm buying. Have only bought collections online.

I usually buy notions from Joann's when I have coupons or they have a good sale. However, they don't carry everything, so sometimes I do order online, but look for free or cheap shipping, and I'm patient, I'll wait for that big sale.

Diane

I've bought fabric on-line as well as at Walmart and fabric stores. The colors on line were very true and I was not disappointed. My sister also orders all the time on line and gets some great deals! Have fun!

Jo Ann's has some good produces but wait for a sale.
    Most good fabrics stores have most things you will need
    Welcome to a new quilter!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2