Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fabric is coming back!! >

Fabric is coming back!!

Fabric is coming back!!

Old 05-18-2011, 08:33 AM

Just got home from Walmart. While there talked to a friend that works there and she told me bolts of fabric are being brought back. She was told mid-summer. Employees were told that more things that they originally let go will be brought back also. I am really beginning to believe that this just might happen!! So happy! Just hope they continue to keep fabric prices down! Time will tell. This store is in Colonial Heights, VA. Just had to share!!
Old 05-18-2011, 08:44 AM
Banned

Yes, we are getting things back in our store that were taken out last year. Such a nice feeling. We keep getting new fabrics in and am hoping they increase our space so we can fit a LOT more in. Not sure how much is coming in, but I'd love to see more and more and more like we used to have.

Of course then I'd be broke --- again. :) :(
Old 05-18-2011, 08:47 AM

That's good to hear! I have one WalMart near enough to me to go to. The closer one had done away with it, so maybe they too will bring it back! I will have to call and see.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:11 AM

The WalMart nearest our home is being expanded to a Super Center. What I feared was that they would take the fabric department out. However, it is still there, and has been moved to its new place in the store, still with bolts and now with also pre-cuts. The store is still a mess, and I haven't been going there a lot right now, but I am happy they are keeping the fabric as is. Most of the fabric stores are clear across town from me. I know I don't get sympathy from those people who have to drive MANY MILES to get to fabric. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 05-18-2011, 09:27 AM

I was over at mine this afternoon and they had a section
with some on the paper bolts- Like 5 yards $5.00 type a deal but no cotton....Looked like all rayon and knits to me. Rita
Old 05-18-2011, 09:50 AM

yESTERDAY I went to 4 different Walmart Supercenters looking for a fabric desperately needed. No chance of getting the fabric but did have some surprises.
3 of the stores still had yardage but my local one only carrys precuts. One of the clerks did say the same, that yardage was coming back to all supercenters.
One of the stores and it was the worst one. It was layed out different and had no fabric at all. The surprise was the front of the store. It was made to look like a small town around 1940. It wasnt just painted but had overhangs and pillers and fancy window awnings. They were two story stores with differnt color fronts and designs just like small town USA. It was really neat. Must have cost alot to do. If you live in Phx AZ it is the store on Peoria around 77 ave.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by RitaFaye
I was over at mine this afternoon and they had a section
with some on the paper bolts- Like 5 yards $5.00 type a deal but no cotton....Looked like all rayon and knits to me. Rita
same at my Walmart :-(
Old 05-18-2011, 10:58 AM

I was told by a walmart fabric employee last week that she doesn't get to choose the fabric, they do send her a brochure what they have to look at but when she tries to order certain fabrics they tell her it is slated for certain stores but if they don't order all of it she can then get some for her store otherwise she just gets what they choose to send her
Old 05-18-2011, 12:00 PM
Google Goddess

that is great news about Walmart bring back fabrics
Old 05-18-2011, 12:08 PM

http://www.mlive.com/business/west-m...ck_herita.html