Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fabric Depot ??? >

Fabric Depot ???

Fabric Depot ???

Old 10-27-2011, 07:48 AM

I am going to be in Vancouver WA next Tuesday. Want to hop across the river and go to Fabric Depot. I have never been before. I am so excited. Do they accept coupons from other stores? Where should I "start" since it is 1.5 acres. Am looking for good deal on cotton or 80/20 batting.. Need help to make the best of my short time there...... any suggestions???? Thanks in advance!!!
Old 10-27-2011, 07:51 AM

Well Im no help as I have never visited in person, but I buy from their website all the time. Love their fabric, prices and customer service. Enjoy your trip !!!
Old 10-27-2011, 07:52 AM

I order fabric from them all the time. Wish I had the opportunity to see them in person. Have lots of fun!
Old 10-27-2011, 08:04 AM

Do not be afraid. The outside of the store is, well it doesnt give any hints to the treasures inside. :) Wear very comfortable shoes! If you are on a budget, dont bother. LOL If you really like something and want alot of it, go to the wholesale counter and see if they have what you want in bulk. Remember, no sales tax in Oregon, you can spend a little more. Go online before you go, they offer online coupons and you will get to see what is on sale before you get there so you can plan your attack. They do have shopping carts. Yes, you can have more than one. :) Remember to look up. The walls are covered with beautiful quilts and in the front of store, near checkout is even more goodies on the wall. I WANNA COME TOO!!!!! Have a wonderful time! OH OH, if you find something you like online I bet you could order it and then pick it up and save the shipping. Not sure but I would call first.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by borntoquilt
I am going to be in Vancouver WA next Tuesday. Want to hop across the river and go to Fabric Depot. I have never been before. I am so excited. Do they accept coupons from other stores? Where should I "start" since it is 1.5 acres. Am looking for good deal on cotton or 80/20 batting.. Need help to make the best of my short time there...... any suggestions???? Thanks in advance!!!
I LOVE shopping there. The batting is along the back of the store towards the left. No, they do not accept coupons from other stores but they have one of their own (40% off) every week. If you PM me with your e-mail address, will send you their latest flyer...with all their sale items and coupons. Have a GREAT time there!
Old 10-27-2011, 08:12 AM

I just got their flyer ~ Tue. Nov 1 - Mon Nov 7 ~ 25% OFF Everything!!!!!!!!!!!! To bad you will not be there on the 4th & 5th all fabric goes to 35% off.

Have fun shopping!
Old 10-27-2011, 08:27 AM

Enjoy it. You will love it. Do not be intimidated by the size of it or the exterior, which looks a wee bit grubby. The staff is friendly and very helpful. Go early especially if you are going on a sale day. The bolts often end up being driven around in carts, so you don't always get to see everything they have. Wear comfortable shoes. Bring water, eat a hearty meal before you go, and HAVE FUN!!

If you are in Vancouver, you might also check out The Quilter on NE Chaklov near Mill Plain and Art and Sewl on NE Evergreen. The second shop is small, has a live-in shop dog and does not carry a ton of fabric, but still a cute shop. The Quilter is a lovely shop too - bigger than Art & Sewl, and an easy stop off I-205 so you could hit it on your way to or from Fabric Depot. Have fun!
Old 10-27-2011, 08:35 AM

I shop there all the time and love it! I don't think they take competitors coupons. They will be having a 25% off everthing sale while you're there. Nov. 4th and 5th they are having a 35% off all fabric sale. You could sign up for their email newsletter, if you recieve it in your inbox on time there is a 40% off a single fabric cut.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:14 AM
Power Poster

wow, that sounds like an awesome place to visit.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:26 AM

I live right up the street and I have been a faithful customer ever since it opened. The store is laid out pretty well so it's not that hard. They have a great selection and I especially like the backing fabrics options. When you walk in the front door, you pass the silk & wedding dept. and then you are in the batiks. Most fabric is sorted by maker and if you get the Keepsake catalog, take that with you. There is always something on sale. Have fun!