Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
On a Fabric Diet So I ...(Finish this Sentence) >

On a Fabric Diet So I ...(Finish this Sentence)

On a Fabric Diet So I ...(Finish this Sentence)

Old 01-26-2011, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by mic-pa
I too am on an austarity budget for the time being so started using my fabric to make scrappy quilts. I am on my fourth quilt top and love it. What a variety. Most of my patterns I got off Bonnie Hunters site, quiltville.com Besides there is always newer fabric coming out. but for now I am not buying
That is exactly what I did. The last thing I bought was an Accuquilt Go. Got most of the dies except the applique ones. And the expense of that was it!!!! I got all my scraps out, sorted them, ironed them and am working on a system. Bonnie is great! Never liked scrap quilts much and don't know if I can be a true scrapper. But her quilts are awesome. I would have to have some control with color. DH retires first of next year so my fabric buying days are at an end. It would be nice if I could just outlive the fabric I have, ha,ha. Never happen. At least I have a granddaughter that I have planted a seed in. She made a queen size for herself when she was 16. So guess who's gettin all my stuff. Lucky girl............
Old 01-26-2011, 05:02 PM

I am on a fabric diet, so I just placed an order with Hancocks of Paducah for some of their sale fabric. LOL
Old 01-26-2011, 05:12 PM

I go on fabric diets allll the time. Who am I kidding?
Old 01-26-2011, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by dianewine
I am on an all I can find for almost nothing diet. I am just getting started and I have so many ideas and I want to make so many quilts, I just cant wait to get started. I have enjoyed this site and have learned so much from you all so far. I hope I can do just half as good as all of you. I cant wait to get on hear everyday to see what all is going on. I hope to be able to get a quilt done soon so I can post a pic of it. Enjoy your day and keep up the great work!!
Welcome to the board. The one thing I wish I had done was designate whatever I bought for a certain quilt but I was so anxious to get a stash going..........went berserk for 5 years. In the poor house now. Glad DH is retiring next year so I can stop the madness..........
Old 01-26-2011, 05:26 PM

i never do diets !!!!!!
Old 01-26-2011, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by amma
I am on a fabric diet.... and unfortunately I am substituting chocolate now for the fabric :shock: :roll: :lol:
I think I will just go to a "lean" diet, buy just a little here and there and let the chocolate go :D:D:D
I had to laugh when I read this one! When Linens and Things were closing, I bought some things discounted and low and behold at the check out line was the famous brand chocolates. Discounted at that! The bag stayed right here next to my sewing machines and computer, and somehow got buried in some of my "organized" stash. Time went by and when I finally rediscovered it I felt like I had hit gold!

As for fabric diet; I have managed to stay out of Joann's, Hancock's, Hobby Lobby for awhile. Only LQS and WalMart have supplied me lately to get through projects. And, went into Joann's last night to get snaps, had 50% coupon so bought 12.5 x 12.5 square Omnigrid ruler. No fabric! BUT I did look!
Old 01-26-2011, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by quiltaroni
I have tried to diet but I am a victim of the fabric fairy.This is a Canadian apparition who comes in overnight and deposits fabric in drawers that fills them up despite your ongoing efforts to pare down your stash. I have tried to reason with her but no luck. I just have to live with it.
You can always send her my way!
Old 01-26-2011, 06:37 PM

I'm on a fabric diet so I am working solely from my stash---made 4 baby quilt tops in the last 5 days!
Old 01-26-2011, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by amma
I am on a fabric diet.... and unfortunately I am substituting chocolate now for the fabric :shock: :roll: :lol:
I think I will just go to a "lean" diet, buy just a little here and there and let the chocolate go :D:D:D
Sounds like a GREAT idea,cuz I'm on the fabric diet too and chocolate keeps finding its way to my house! :shock: :-o :roll:
Old 01-26-2011, 07:21 PM

On the diet, I haven't bought much fabric but I have bought b/c we all need neutrals for piecing. Oh yeah, also have purchased 4 vintage sewing machines. DH says buy fabric, it's easier to store (and hide)! :)