Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
fabric links >

fabric links

fabric links

Old 11-13-2010, 05:03 AM

I saw a link for janes fabrics on here so I clicked the link and she had the most beautiful pink fabric for $3. I clicked "buy it now" not even reading the description and they got me good!
I just ordered five of what I thought was yards and the description says it is in 1/2 yd increments and like I said I didn't read the description. I am so sad. Yes, it's on me but I will never buy from this ebay store again because I believe the ad was misleading.
Old 11-13-2010, 05:08 AM

Yes, I see some of the stores on line have started that. It's important to read carefully.
Old 11-13-2010, 06:23 AM

Yes, you really have to be careful and read throughly before you purchase fabric. Many ebay sellers sell by the half yard not the whole yard. Even many online shops sell by the half yard and you have to put in their correct number to get an entire yard (some pricing now starts at a quarter yard). I don't know why they do this now....sure can be confusing. Maybe some people like to purchase in smaller amounts and they are trying to accomodate them. We all have to be so very proactive and read everything in it's entirety (including shipping, and how long they take to ship) to know exactly what we're getting ourselves into. This applies to anything we purchase online. It takes a bit of time sometimes but it is worth it in the end. I read everything and especially feedback on ebay before I purchase.
Old 11-13-2010, 12:16 PM
Power Poster

This is true for many ebay shops and online stores too... I have been excited several times looking at fabrics only to realize that they are priced in 1/2yds :x
It is a reminder to read all of the print, no matter how fine it may be :wink: :D:D:D
Old 11-13-2010, 01:02 PM

Yes, I always look at teh description properly now. That really annoys me that they sell them in half yards. I think they do it this way, as you see the price and think wow great deal and click away, only to find out that it is in half yard incriments.
What also really gets my goat is people who sell the patterns on ebay that have come out of magazines. I beleive this is wrong too
Old 11-13-2010, 07:24 PM

I will not buy from a site that prices on half yards instead of whole yards. It is misleading pricing and it is not right. IMHO