Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fabric Moratorium Update - March 2011 >

Fabric Moratorium Update - March 2011

Fabric Moratorium Update - March 2011

Old 03-31-2011, 04:38 PM

Well, I almost made it to the end of the month. I bought four items this month, but no books! I bought a cuddle soft kit for a new baby. Quilt is done. Loved the fabric so much I bought a kit for a quilt for my daughter, who will be fine, but is quite sick now. So I don't feel bad about those 2 purchases. I bought some panels for charity quilts- to make someday. Don't really feel bad about that either, but I could have waited. The fourth was to take advantage of a sale for batting and machine quilting gloves, and a jelly roll I won't be able to use for a long time. Could have waited. I have found that I'm asking myself do I really need this whenever I'm shopping, not just for quilt supplies. I feel I'm breaking a bad habit. Thank you for starting this thread. You have helped me so much. Pat
Old 04-01-2011, 06:41 AM

Ugh. I bought.

I'm not ready to talk about it. :(
Old 04-02-2011, 06:38 AM

I almost made it through March, but went to a quarterly meeting at a local quilt shop. Want to make grandson a quilt with a music theme for graduation in June. Have some fabric in me stash, but found some that will really make it a more musical quilt :) I bought 3 yds. total. The shop offered a special discount that night.
Oh no, I just remember I purchased 2 yards at the J's when it was on sale, but that goes with some fabric I already had and I plan to make that quilt this year.
I was really bad. Well it is a new month and I am determined to stay on the fabric diet. 2 days down 28 to go.
Hope some of you are sticking to this, it is turning out to be much harder than I thought it would.
Old 04-02-2011, 01:00 PM

It's now April - where did March go????

For your updates - please post on April's thread: http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-112659-1.htm

Thanks
Old 04-06-2011, 05:02 AM

I just now found this topic but I made a resolution this yr to NOT buy any more fabric.
So I've been involved in several swaps, using up my stach.
I have made up so many blocks over the yrs, (I find one I like, then PP it) so one day, God willing, I'll piece them together.
If I do buy any fabric (I'm interested in white or white on white, for BG) I've tried thrift stores & want to go to some estate sales but have to really control myself into not buying something I like & do not need.

:thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 04-06-2011, 11:54 AM

Well, I fell off the wagon with a resounding thump. The culprit: Hancocks' Clean Sweep sale. I bought 21 yds @ approx $1.40 per yd (some were $1.00 and others $2.00) These will be used primarily as backing for finished tops hanging in the closet. My total was $27.00 and ........I paid cash! I am still hanging on to the tailgate! :oops: