Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fabric Moritorium Challenge-February

Have a special dinner to go to tonight so yesterday I went through my stash of clothing fabrics and made a dress. Just need to hem it today. Since it was 3 yards of velour it opened up some space on my shelves. Didn't have to buy anything.
    How is everyone doing on the challenge?

Blog Entries
    I've been successfully deleting all messages from fabric.com, sew I quilt, quiltconnections, etc. before reading them (much less clicking through and visiting them....)

Does that count?
    jillaine

estate/yard/church sales ... don't count. Ha Ha I was going to try this but my stash is 600 miles away in storage and with cuddle bugs $2.00 yd sale and the other site that had batiks for $3.68 to $4.00 a yard and a couple purchases on here i got way carried away this month but the good news/bad news is i won't have money to buy any more the rest of the year.....

I didn't realize the size of my stash until I started cleaning a couple of closets right after the 1st of the year. I decided then and there that I needed to stop buying fabric until I use a lot of what I already have. I also told myself I wasn't going to buy any more fabric till 2013. Well, it looks like I may have set myself up for faliure. It hasn't even been 6 weeks and I'm already getting weak. LOL But, I'll try my best to hang in there with you guys as long as I can.
    Fabric is like money, no matter how much you have it's never enough.

You have got to be nuts! I have tried that each month and nothing works for me. I always wind up buying fabric somewhere. Wish I could do a diet though.
    Sewbeadit
    W. Washington

That is a beautiful paisley, I couldn't have left it there either!lol
    QUOTE=Greenheron;4952702]Attachment 309746It's t-o-o-o-o late for me. I'm just back from the thrift store with 4 paisley 25 inch squares, three yards of something pale and romantic with a border, 3 sets of pillow squares in the same pattern, a yard of pale heather wool and a good 'hunk' of upholstery fabric for a sewing machine cover for $8.50. I can resist LQS and even on-line shopping but fall off the wagon at thrifts and flea markets.[/QUOTE]
    Sewbeadit
    W. Washington

Thrift stores and yard sales are a downfall for me too. Although I haven't had time to do that lately.
    I have to figure out where to put those 5 boxes of fabric my sister gave me. At least they were free so I spent no money but it isn't clearing out my stash. Maybe I'll get some ideas for quilts as I put it away. Hopefully I can find somewhere to put it.

I sorted those 5 boxes of fabric. Most of it was clothing fabric. There is enough for 10 tops, 5 pants, 2 dresses and fabric for a coordinating set including pants, skirt, top and 2 jackets. We like the same colors to wear so most of it will go with my current and future wardrobe. (I still like making my own cloths.)
    Some scraps that are going into my crazy quilt stash. There was one partially finished appliqued wall quilt. She made one quilt and decided she hates quilting. (It didn't help that she didn't follow directions on the pattern for quarter inch seam allowances so nothing fit together right. I had to fix it.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2