Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fabric order and service >

Fabric order and service

Fabric order and service

Old 05-19-2021, 04:10 PM

Default Fabric order and service

I found a fabric site quiet by accident and also found great quality fabric at an unheard of price- I was looking around the site and thought at $1.60 and 2.20 a yard must be because it only had 9 yards of one and 6 yards of another. So I ordered it 4 days ago from Montana- it came in today with this note below. Must be a privately owned business bc she (Martina) called me when the site listed 9 yds and she only had 8 3/4 yards. I emailed the site a while ago to let them know I received my order and was pleased- Martina again answered the email herself, right away- kinda makes me feel bad for her if she is sitting around waiting for orders in these times of Covid .....I wanted to let others know about how she honored the mistake, shipped quickly and great customer service. I plan on ordering again such a nice lady and hope there may be something some of you would like too.

www.quiltednursery.com
Attached Thumbnails 8342d712-21e8-441c-a27e-48c0ec7b1bfa.jpeg  
Old 05-19-2021, 08:06 PM
Power Poster

Thanks for the recomendation of this store. What a great place to find things for Children! I'll be back, for sure.
Old 05-20-2021, 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by toogie View Post
I found a fabric site quiet by accident and also found great quality fabric at an unheard of price- I was looking around the site and thought at $1.60 and 2.20 a yard must be because it only had 9 yards of one and 6 yards of another. So I ordered it 4 days ago from Montana- it came in today with this note below. Must be a privately owned business bc she (Martina) called me when the site listed 9 yds and she only had 8 3/4 yards. I emailed the site a while ago to let them know I received my order and was pleased- Martina again answered the email herself, right away- kinda makes me feel bad for her if she is sitting around waiting for orders in these times of Covid .....I wanted to let others know about how she honored the mistake, shipped quickly and great customer service. I plan on ordering again such a nice lady and hope there may be something some of you would like too.

www.quiltednursery.com
Thanks Toogie! I had fun browsing the panels....I bookmarked it for future projects shall I need to make a baby quilt
Old 05-20-2021, 03:18 AM

Shops all have a style to them. I have never seen one with so many children's fabrics. They are sweet and some are quaint and all would make charming baby or young child quilts. The shop is not exclusively child focused and has plenty of other fabric choices of thread and other products for quilters.
Old 05-20-2021, 04:22 AM

I browsed through the children's fabrics and the majority I've seen before and have had the pleasure to work with. (Project Linus)
However I was excited to find layer cake by Maywood Studio that will go perfect with the color I painted my bedroom last year and I've been holding onto a piece of yardage that will blend in with the whites and green in the layer cake. Perfect! Signed up for their e-mails and I'm sure I will order again. Thank you for posting the link!
Old 05-20-2021, 05:17 AM
Power Poster

Sounds like a great place to give your business to. I don't need fabrics right now, don't know about the future.
Old 05-20-2021, 05:36 AM
Power Poster

Thanks, Toogie!
I'm going crazy looking for baby boy fabrics for our grandson (due in November). I'll check it out.

When my boys were little I had the same problem but I thought things would be different these days. I'm not finding much.
Old 05-20-2021, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by lindaschipper View Post
I browsed through the children's fabrics and the majority I've seen before and have had the pleasure to work with. (Project Linus)
However I was excited to find layer cake by Maywood Studio that will go perfect with the color I painted my bedroom last year and I've been holding onto a piece of yardage that will blend in with the whites and green in the layer cake. Perfect! Signed up for their e-mails and I'm sure I will order again. Thank you for posting the link!
I am excited to know you found something. One of my fabrics was a Christmas fabric, the 8 3/4 yards, so I thought, well it’s this price because ‘out of season’. However, I didn’t know why the other ‘Why’ fabric was so reduced. She did not mention anything on the voicemail about the site pricing mistake. She just called to ask if I still wanted the fabric since they did not have the full 9 yards. I left her a message and said yes, so I really didn’t get to ‘speak’ with her.
Here are the two fabrics I ordered:
Attached Thumbnails 98e7784f-a51b-411a-8fe3-75e5e31670aa.jpeg  
Old 05-20-2021, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
Thanks, Toogie!
I'm going crazy looking for baby boy fabrics for our grandson (due in November). I'll check it out.

When my boys were little I had the same problem but I thought things would be different these days. I'm not finding much.
I don’t know exactly what you’re looking for but I feel good every time I see the panel of the dog flying the airplane. He probably is a character the kids recognize but I am too old-lol- The panel just makes me happy. Maybe you have seen it but if not, take a look when you get a chance. She also has one with manly vehicles going in a zig zag from top to bottom that’s boyish. Hope you can find what you’re looking for, and if there, so much the better. I have nothing to gain money wise but just a feel good feeling to direct others to her site. Have a great day-Toogie
Old 05-20-2021, 06:55 AM

Thanks for the referral to a good shop. Just because she writes a personal note doesn't mean she's just "sitting around waiting for orders". She might just like to add a personal touch for her customers. If she's a new online shop and just starting out, that can be a big plus. Lots of small quilt stores also have an online presence and like to add a personal touch to their orders. I would much rather order from them than from the big box stores. I always tend to go small.