Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fabric prices? >

Fabric prices?

Fabric prices?

Old 10-02-2009, 08:56 AM
k3n
Power Poster

I live in France and would have to pay around 16 euros (26USD)a metre (a good yard!) but I order online, either from the UK or US. :D Sometimes if I go to Holland with DH, I have a look there but it's nearly as expensive as here! I got a good haul a while back at a fabric fair there, but some of it turned out to have poly in it although they swore blind it was cotton!

Oh well, the wine is cheap here! :wink: :lol:
Old 10-02-2009, 09:52 AM

5bucksayard.com always has great quality for cheap. The selection may not be as wide as the big stores, but I've found some real bargains there.

The international shipping rates:

INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING - We ship GLOBAL Priority Mail up to 6 Yards in a Flat Rate Envelope ($12.35) to all applicable foreign countries (per www.usps.com). For 6-12 yards, we ship 2 flat rate envelopes. 12 - 24 yards we ship USPS Priority Mail flat rate box, which is $37. I can only fit 24 yards in each box so please don't request more than 24 yards. If you would prefer the envelopes, note in the comments.

Some of the premium fabrics are over $5, but you never know what you'll find.

Have you tried e-bay, searching by distance?
Old 10-06-2009, 12:18 PM

Most of the time I order in the UK...Because if I order outside of Europe I have to pay very big tax. A good tip is webfabrics.net. She is Dutch ans put the fabrics in a speciale rate enveloppe..

Prices in The Netherlands are between 12 to 22 euro's...Much to expensive to me...Only if I buy fabrics chints from Den Haan & Wagemakers I want to pay more..
Old 10-07-2009, 01:41 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Maksi
Most of the time I order in the UK...Because if I order outside of Europe I have to pay very big tax. A good tip is webfabrics.net. She is Dutch ans put the fabrics in a speciale rate enveloppe..

Prices in The Netherlands are between 12 to 22 euro's...Much to expensive to me...Only if I buy fabrics chints from Den Haan & Wagemakers I want to pay more..
I order mostly from the UK too for the same reason - fabric in France is a little more expensive even than Holland.

And I LOVE Den Haan & Wagenmaakers!!! Have you been to their shop in Amsterdam? It's like heaven on earth! :D