Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Fabric surprise at Wally World

Hello, all. Was in my local Walmart yesterday and I always go down the aisle of "precut fabric" they now sell. Well, there was a sign on the whole section that everything was half-price. It was basically $5 for 7 FQ, $5 for a charm pack, $5 for 2 yard matching fabs (1 yard of each), $8 for 3 yards of 108" for backing. Well, I put several things in my cart because it was such a deal. I got to the checkout and guess what......they all rang up at half off the sale price. So, the FQ, charms, 2-yd pack all cost me $2.50; 3 yards of quilt backing was $4. Woo-hoo!! I'm going back today to get more backing. It's solid muslin type, white, beige, gold; but it will certainly work for me.

Score!!

If I was closer I would be racing you to the fabric isle. That truley is a steal on those backings. What are you waiting for GO GET EM!

I did the same thing at my Walmart on Sunday
    4.00 for quilt backing is great - I got the tea dye muslin
    two of them, plus tons of solid colors in 100 per cotton Rita Faye

Quote Originally Posted by brendadawg
    Hello, all. Was in my local Walmart yesterday and I always go down the aisle of "precut fabric" they now sell. Well, there was a sign on the whole section that everything was half-price. It was basically $5 for 7 FQ, $5 for a charm pack, $5 for 2 yard matching fabs (1 yard of each), $8 for 3 yards of 108" for backing. Well, I put several things in my cart because it was such a deal. I got to the checkout and guess what......they all rang up at half off the sale price. So, the FQ, charms, 2-yd pack all cost me $2.50; 3 yards of quilt backing was $4. Woo-hoo!! I'm going back today to get more backing. It's solid muslin type, white, beige, gold; but it will certainly work for me.
    Thanks for the heads up!

I've got to go to Wally World to pick up a couple prescriptions-----I WILL LOOK.

A few days ago, I went down that aisle and a bunch of stuff had been thrown into a cart as if they were going to do SOMETHING!

Good deal

Blog Entries
    Where in GA ? I live in West Ga and we don't have fabric here at our WM.....please share! Thanks.

I live in Conyers, GA, when I'm down south. Right now I'm in Minnesota.

My WallyWorld has the same ole precuts-------but some pillowcase cuts on sale. for $5. Gonna have to go to $2 for me to buy their pillow case kits.

Love those surprise bargains.

Blog Entries
    love bargains!

Quote Originally Posted by brendadawg

Mine did the same thing even cheaper but not for long.
    The price is back up again.
    I did talk to an employee who was in the area and the fabric dept. will be back after the end of the month, hooray.