Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Fabric Trends - no Mark Lipinski?

I got my new Fabric Trends in the mail yesterday. I notice that Mark is no longer listed as Editorial Director nor is his name anywhere on the magazine.

Did he get another gig or does he not play well with others ;)?

Wow, I have to say, I'm getting a little tired of this. I switch over to a new mag and he leaves. Well, I won't take it personally.

Oh, and I just got an email that he will be at Keepsake Quilting on Oct. 1st. I have my guild show that day and am tied up as one of the chairpersons so can't go.

me too, I only got the subscription because I really enjoy his banter and humor!!! bummer

Banned
    I believe Mark wrote something in his Blog about the situation with the magazine and asked for a survey to start his own online magazine.

Again!!?? I liked the old magazine. I remember he wrote an article about quiltzillas right about the time I had been punched (closed fist) in the chest by a fellow quilt guild member. Not that it made me feel any better knowing that kind of stuff happened elsewhere, but I know to be on my guard. If he hadn't written about something so outrageous, I wouldn't have known!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I gave up those mags and just read his blog now! His health is really bad so with the blog and FB I get NOW info, not 3 month old magazine news!

Quote Originally Posted by kayahr
    Again!!?? I liked the old magazine. I remember he wrote an article about quiltzillas right about the time I had been punched (closed fist) in the chest by a fellow quilt guild member. Not that it made me feel any better knowing that kind of stuff happened elsewhere, but I know to be on my guard. If he hadn't written about something so outrageous, I wouldn't have known!
    I thought Mark actually started that magazine and it was his - I liked it but didnt sub, and then couldnt find it on mag stands, also, didnt know he had a blog - boy do I stay out of the loop!!

and, someone actually PUNCHED you in the chest, a guild member???? WOW - I guess I dont miss much by not joining one lol sharet

Do tell us about that incident! So sorry that happened to you, sounds like it may have been rather traumatic.
    :-(

Blog Entries
    On Facebook it was announced he is getting a kidney.
    He wasn't going to live long without the surgery.

I love Mark and his humor. I'm so happy to hear he is getting a kidney, and offer my prayers that everything goes well for him.
    Sue

Still waiting for my new issue, sorry Mark isn't in it! I decided to try it too, since he came on board there. Hope his transplant goes well, poor guy!

Quote Originally Posted by Annie68
    Do tell us about that incident! So sorry that happened to you, sounds like it may have been rather traumatic.
    It was somebody I knew. I think she was over six feet tall. Husky. Always well-dressed and well-coiffed and well made up. President of the evening group of the guild I belonged to and in charge of the quilt show in another guild we both belonged to. Very generous with her little gifts to everyone who attended an evening meeting. I was in a quilt shop one afternoon when she stormed in. I said hi and she said something about how she wouldn't talk to me because of what I had done. I should have let it go right there. I didn't know what she was alluding to, so I went to the back of the store to ask her if she wanted to talk. I never did figure out what she was accusing me of. She got pretty agitated. Head rolling, looking at the ceiling, shouting. Next thing I knew she had punched me int he chest. The shop owner was standing right behind her. Took me a few minutes, but I decided to drive down to the police station and fill out a report. They asked whether I wanted to appear before a magistrate or just have a police officer talk with her. If I had known then that this had happened before, I would have opted for the magistrate. The shop owner insisted that the whole thing never happened. When I dropped my jaw, the shop owner said, "Well, you were in her way." The puncher was from Texas. This occurred in Nevada. I was told it was just a form of Wild West Justice. They kicked me out of one guild after I showed someone a copy of the police report -- two accosted me in the parking lot and wanted to give back my dues money. That was when I found out that similar things had happened before in that group. Traumatic -- I was more amazed at the time it happened, but my doctor said that if she had hit me closer to my heart that I could have been severely injured or died from the pounding. Wild West Justice when someone is in your way. Where I come from we say, "Excuse me please. I'd like to get by." Shouting "get out of my way" would have even been more acceptable at the time!

How rude, glad you got away from all of them! I sure would not want to belong to that guild, or around people like that, who accept this kind of behavior! We have some ex friends & the woman once told my DH, if I said anything to her about him again, she'd punch me. End of that friendship & he wrote a very long letter to the pair, letting him know what he thought of both of them! Totally unacceptable behavior in our world today!

Blog Entries
    Wow!! I guess you don't WANT to be part of that circle anymore! Sounds like that woman was off her meds!

People like that are toxic to the rest of us, just better to avoid them, like the plague, whenever possible!

Blog Entries
    Please don't judge all Nevada guilds or their members with this "standard?". Most of us are quite civil and don't do that kind of "wild west justice".

Kayahr-I'm so sorry this happened to you but please don't allude that this happened because the woman was from Texas. There are rude people everywhere.

Kayahr, thanks for telling us about the incident, and again sorry that happened.

Blog Entries
    With my heart condition I would have been dead on the floor. What would the shop owner say then? She denied the incident because you could have sued her.
    Terrible, Terrible incident. Hope you are better now.

I'm glad to hear Mark is getting a Kidney. I was not aware he was so ill. Thank you for answering my question.

It amazes me that grown people hit other adults. I was taught as a small child to keep my hands to myself.

Thanks for the info, as well. I'm sorry to hear that he is so ill. That explains a lot.

I had no idea Mark Lipinski wasn't well or that he had a website. I loved his magazine. I can get thtough the other magazines in 1/2 hour or less so I don't buy anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Annie68
    It was somebody I knew. I think she was over six feet tall. Husky. Always well-dressed and well-coiffed and well made up. President of the evening group of the guild I belonged to and in charge of the quilt show in another guild we both belonged to. Very generous with her little gifts to everyone who attended an evening meeting. I was in a quilt shop one afternoon when she stormed in. I said hi and she said something about how she wouldn't talk to me because of what I had done. I should have let it go right there. I didn't know what she was alluding to, so I went to the back of the store to ask her if she wanted to talk. I never did figure out what she was accusing me of. She got pretty agitated. Head rolling, looking at the ceiling, shouting. Next thing I knew she had punched me int he chest. The shop owner was standing right behind her. Took me a few minutes, but I decided to drive down to the police station and fill out a report. They asked whether I wanted to appear before a magistrate or just have a police officer talk with her. If I had known then that this had happened before, I would have opted for the magistrate. The shop owner insisted that the whole thing never happened. When I dropped my jaw, the shop owner said, "Well, you were in her way." The puncher was from Texas. This occurred in Nevada. I was told it was just a form of Wild West Justice. They kicked me out of one guild after I showed someone a copy of the police report -- two accosted me in the parking lot and wanted to give back my dues money. That was when I found out that similar things had happened before in that group. Traumatic -- I was more amazed at the time it happened, but my doctor said that if she had hit me closer to my heart that I could have been severely injured or died from the pounding. Wild West Justice when someone is in your way. Where I come from we say, "Excuse me please. I'd like to get by." Shouting "get out of my way" would have even been more acceptable at the time!
    I've never seen this kind of thing in Texas or anywhere else but I have observed bullies EVERYWHERE. Not sure what this woman's birthplace has to do with her behavior.

Back on topic- hope Mark Lipinski is better soon. He's had some major issues recently. Praying for him.

Wow! I bet you didn't see that one coming! I would have been in shock if it had happened to me

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast