Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fabrick Shack Christmas Sale- Any advice? >

Fabrick Shack Christmas Sale- Any advice?

Fabrick Shack Christmas Sale- Any advice?

Old 12-17-2011, 06:49 AM

Default Fabrick Shack Christmas Sale- Any advice?

Hi everyone, I see the Fabrick Shack has a sale on their Christmas fabrics-does anyone know how long this sale lasts and if they will be reducing their prices even further after Christmas?
I have only started quilting this year and their postage is 6 dollars to Ireland for about 6 yards of fabric. I was thinking of getting a few yards for next year, but am wondering whether to hang on until after Christmas, do you think they will have a New Years Sale or is this their best online deal- 20% less at present.. Thanks in advance
Old 12-17-2011, 02:39 PM

I get emails from them once a month and they are usually running some sort of sale. I have been to their store 3 years in a row. I have a friend that lives 8 miles from there and when I visit, we are there almost every day! The only problem with waiting is they may run out of a fabric that you see now. They have wonderful fabric.
Old 12-17-2011, 02:58 PM

Hi-yes they do have great fabrics!! You are so lucky to get to their store- I generally buy everything online so sometimes it's a bit of a gamble..I didnt know if they would have better discounts after Christmas but I am also worried that I wont be able to get a stash of the fabric I want afterwards lol ..you know how quickly some things sell out-I was caught short on one fabric making mats to go with a runner this year..so decided to see if I can be better organised for Christmas next year..some hope!! Thanks for your advice xx
Old 12-17-2011, 03:22 PM

I've learned that if I like it, buy it right then. And buy as much as you can afford in the moment. Otherwise, you'll have to find something new to love later (not that that is so hard!)
Old 12-17-2011, 03:23 PM

ps. and it will never go out of style, so there's another reason (rationalization?) to buy what you like when you see it.
Old 12-17-2011, 03:25 PM

They are a good company. Sometimes I find a couple of fabrics I want, save a favorite, wait a week and then back to find the fabrics are sold out.
Old 12-18-2011, 03:57 AM

You are so right Jean! Think I will go online today and get the fabric! I think buying extra- like you say NYC, when you run short it's a disaster, much better to get extra!! Thankyou-I just love this board