Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
FabricMate quilt pens >

FabricMate quilt pens

FabricMate quilt pens

Old 08-02-2010, 03:08 PM

Does anyone know a way I can reconstitute (if that's the word) the FabricMate pens? I have some that have dried up and wanted to see what you thought of adding a drop of water in the end if it would help. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?
Old 08-02-2010, 03:25 PM

It wouldn't hurt to try it. :thumbup:
Old 08-02-2010, 03:38 PM

Maybe.....
Old 08-02-2010, 03:42 PM
Power Poster

first go on their website and make sure they are water based if you don't already know, if they are you can use water, if they are not you will need to use something else but the web site probably even tells you exactly how to do it.
good luck and let us know how it works out
Old 08-03-2010, 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by ckcowl
first go on their website and make sure they are water based if you don't already know, if they are you can use water, if they are not you will need to use something else but the web site probably even tells you exactly how to do it.
good luck and let us know how it works out
I didn't think of that. Thanks for the tip.
Old 08-04-2010, 12:20 PM

I was looking for the same answer. The website was hard to find and didn't have any suggestions, so I called Yasutomo directly to ask if the markers could be reconstituted. The answer was a flat "no." When I asked how long they should last, they said about 6 months. I have packages of all the colors that are now unusable. I bought them last year thinking they would last a while if I stored them tightly capped, inside plastic bags, inside a plastic storage box. Nope.
Old 08-05-2010, 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by waytosew
I was looking for the same answer. The website was hard to find and didn't have any suggestions, so I called Yasutomo directly to ask if the markers could be reconstituted. The answer was a flat "no." When I asked how long they should last, they said about 6 months. I have packages of all the colors that are now unusable. I bought them last year thinking they would last a while if I stored them tightly capped, inside plastic bags, inside a plastic storage box. Nope.
No, I sent them an e-mail to which the reply was No, they cannot. Like you, I had several pkgs in all colors and they were not cheap; I got them at the quilt show in Paducah. Now they are useless; money down the drain. I don't think I'll be buying anymore of them!! I also have sharpies which seem to last almost forever. I think they'll get my money from now on.