Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fabrics >

Fabrics

Fabrics

Old 09-28-2022, 03:48 PM

Default Fabrics

Hey Group
I'm wondering about this 1st pic--the dark one. It is purple with black polka dots, black triangles and rectangles and the only 2 pieces set together. Any suggestions will be greatly Talking appreciated.

Question 2nd pic--anyone ever use fabric from this company? Websites don't give info like "this fabric is junk or will not hold up under multiple washings, etc. " I want to use it as curtains in my new kitchen. I have 2 exact size panels that look like it might have been cut for cafe curtains and that's the exact size I want for my kitchen. However I would like to know if it will be able to hold up to my cats and housekeeping moods.

3--What size is used for mug rugs--round and flat. I'm not a coffee drinker soooo I never use any. They are 8-inches round sewn together with black on one side and dark baby blue on the reverse and solid fill. I have 4. No illustrations as to embroidery/applique was going to be applied. What else might thes be used for?
Attached Thumbnails img_20220928_154849-cropped.jpg   kitchen-curtains-maybe.jpg  

Last edited by MaryKa; 09-28-2022 at 03:52 PM.
Old 09-28-2022, 04:02 PM

Question 1 - Cute fabric. What is the question?
Question 2 - Riley Blake is a well known designer. I haven't directly used any of her fabrics. https://www.rileyblakedesigns.com/
Question 3 - Use under a vase, a candle that is not burning, as a coaster, gifts. Size is according to what you want.
Old 09-28-2022, 04:08 PM

Any suggestions on what it would be good for. Designwise. I'm drawing a blank on this one. Usually I see something and at least 1 something comes to mind but this one is a solid blank.
Old 09-28-2022, 04:23 PM
Power Poster

I have used Riley Blake fabric and always pleased with it.
Old 09-28-2022, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by MaryKa View Post
Any suggestions on what it would be good for. Designwise. I'm drawing a blank on this one. Usually I see something and at least 1 something comes to mind but this one is a solid blank.
I think it is a Halloween fabric. Or in a quilt for someone that loves purples. A good sashing for a multi-color block that has either the black or purple in it. Any quilt that uses other Polka dot fabrics.
Old 09-28-2022, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Barb in Louisiana View Post
I think it is a Halloween fabric. Or in a quilt for someone that loves purples. A good sashing for a multi-color block that has either the black or purple in it. Any quilt that uses other Polka dot fabrics.
I'll put it back in its bag. I don't do halloween anything. I might take it to the senior center next week. One of the other ladies might enjoy having it. Otherwise I play the funeral march for it. It just does not turn me on to any project.
Old 09-29-2022, 08:51 AM
Power Poster

Riley Blake is one of my favorite designers. I have a ton of it!