Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fabshop hop help! >

Fabshop hop help!

Fabshop hop help!

Old 10-13-2010, 06:48 AM
np3
Power Poster

Originally Posted by LaurieE
While we're talking about the October hop, I'm so irritated at them, I could spit nails. I've been through all the shops, found all the bunnies and got all but the last 4 recipes. Since I'm on dial-up at home (because of where I live) and it takes forever for some of these sites to load, I emailed the administrator, explained that and asked what specifically am I looking for now -- the youfoundit bunny or a cupcake.

The response was keep looking. I sent a second email asking specifically if I'm supposed to go through every single page looking for the cupcake or just the youfoundit bunny, the reply was 'no'.

The administrator did not answer my questions. I don't know what I'm supposed to do now to get the last 4 block recipes.

Any suggestions?
Did you go to the member area yet? I think if you go there and click on shops visitied, they will show next to the shops where they are located. I didn't find all of the blocks last month and that is where I found them.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:35 AM

I've been to the member section and several had appeared there. The last 4 (Strawberry, Sweet Potato, Toll House, & Zucchini Ginger) are the ones I'm trying to find.

I've been going back to some of the shops and clicking on the youfoundit button just in case the patterns should happen to pop up. Should I be looking for a cupcake?

The administrator has not given me any guidance on this. In all probably I won't be participating in the shophops any more. Not if we have to go back through the stores 2 or more times. To my mind, we're being set up to not find them all.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:23 AM

I've been to the member section and several had appeared there. The last 4 (Strawberry, Sweet Potato, Toll House, & Zucchini Ginger) are the ones I'm trying to find.

I've been going back to some of the shops and clicking on the youfoundit button just in case the patterns should happen to pop up. Should I be looking for a cupcake?

The administrator has not given me any guidance on this. In all probably I won't be participating in the shophops any more. Not if we have to go back through the stores 2 or more times. To my mind, we're being set up to not find them all.
You look for the "you found it bunny" when you click on that to register that site another page comes up with your e-mail addy. Click register and after you have done that if thats one of the sites with the cupcake you will see a picture of it on the top of that page. Go to your found shops and you will see where to down load the cupcakes. Make sense? HTH
Old 10-13-2010, 09:55 AM

To make sure I understand, for the second, third, and fourth go-arounds, I still have to click on the youfoundit bunnies. Is this correct?
Old 10-13-2010, 09:55 AM
np3
Power Poster

They are all there. I never click on them when I am hopping. I wait until I am finished and go to the member area. When I look at the shops where I found the bunny (in the member area), there is an icon for the patterns. I always get them this way. And I have won gift certigicates as well.
Old 10-13-2010, 10:01 AM
np3
Power Poster

To make sure I understand, for the second, third, and fourth go-arounds, I still have to click on the youfoundit bunnies. Is this correct?
No! Go to the site where you register. The Fabshop site. (You can click on a resigter bunny for this).

On the menu, there is an icon for member area...click on that.

There are options for:
Shops visited
Shops not visited

When you click on shops visited, it takes you to a long list. There are columns there to show if you found the bunny, if you checked the Favorite shops choice, etc. One of the columns shows the free patterns found. All of the patterns will show up on this column. You can click on them and either save them or print them.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:53 AM

I've been there. The 4 missing recipe/blocks are not listed there. The shophop administrator has told me via email that I must go through the stores again.

To quote the administrator's first email on Oct 11: "The cupcake blocks and recipes are moving around to different shops continually. They circulate through the "Prize Verification Confirmation Page." This page appears after you have successfully registered for prizes on the "Prize Verification Page." Be persistent to collect all 31 recipes."
Old 10-14-2010, 12:38 PM
np3
Power Poster

I've been there. The 4 missing recipe/blocks are not listed there. The shophop administrator has told me via email that I must go through the stores again.

To quote the administrator's first email on Oct 11: "The cupcake blocks and recipes are moving around to different shops continually. They circulate through the "Prize Verification Confirmation Page." This page appears after you have successfully registered for prizes on the "Prize Verification Page." Be persistent to collect all 31 recipes."
Okay, let me see if I can figure this out. Have you found the bunny on all of the shops? If not, that may be why you aren't seeing the blocks. Once you have found the bunny from the shop where a block is currently resting, it will show up in your member area. If the block has moved on from the shop where you didn't locate the bunny, then you would have to look again.

I NEVER click on the block when I am hopping. I click on the bunny, shop for a bit and move on. I go get the blocks from my member area after I have found all of the bunnies. They have always been there. I doubt they have changed that pattern. I am not finished with the hop yet so can't prove it one way or the other.

Make sense?
Old 10-18-2010, 04:38 AM

A shop will not be removed from the Not Visited list until you have clicked on the youfoundit bunny. I have no shops listed in the Not Visited list. On the Visited list, it has a column showing the date I found the bunny. I have been to all the shops.

The rules changed some time after the May Pie Hop. Before then you didn't have to go through the shops more than once. I'm not real happy with the 'new' rules. I may not participate in the shophop after this.