Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: FabShop Hop June 2009 Prize Winners

Banned

Me either. I did win a gift certificate before so from time to time I keep trying.

Ruby

I didn't win either. Oh well.
    I know that when they get that HUGE grand prize going, that's when I'll win it. lol

I posted it somewhere else, but I won a $10 gift certificate at Main Street Cotton Shop. Whhoooo Whooo - totally exciting. I don't know what I'm going to get, and don't think I've ever spent $10 anywhere, except at 7-11 buying slurpees for the kids...better bring out the credit card to add on to my shopping!!

since most of us use pseudonyms, how can we tell who won?

I won a 10 dollar gift certificate from Wish Upon A Quilt shop in Raliegh NC. I was thrilled I never win anything usually. Trying for the July one but am getting frustrated have to look on so many pages to find that bunny. They dont always give you a hint. I guess thats good on their part they want me to look LOL but dont always feel like it.

Jane

that's why i don't even play. LOL!

I won a $10 certificate to D;s Sewing Center and already spent it. Got some backing and binding for a Schnibbles pattern I am going to do using Prairie Paisley from Moda.
    It is fun to just do the hop and see how many wonderful shops there are out there in cyber world. I have been fortunate enough to come across some great deals. Also, have been lucky in finding some fabrics that the quilt shops are out of; as that happens to somebody like me who waits too long to start something after they buy their fabrics. I have so many "someday" projects...I am going to have to put the fabrics with their patterns so I don't forget what is what. LOL

Mamaw, I know what you mean, I just did that two days ago. Started a bucket of fabric and matched them with their pattern or if didnt have the actual pattern the name of the one i want to try. I looked thru the site but only found one thing I really could afford. There are many shops where I wished it was from instead of the one that it is if you know what I mean. So I found a yard of a blue material that I liked so will now have to find a pattern for it. Have fun shop hopping.

Banned
    The thing I don't get OR understand is ok a person wins a gift certificate. Cool. This is fun, BUT you gotta pay the taxes..... Hrm where does the win come in? Maybe its just me, I thought WIN meant free. I won a $10 cert. awhile back. I was gonna order a $8 book. But it said so much for taxes? huh? but I won $10. :?: :?: :?: :roll: :roll:

Blog Entries
    I won a $10 GC once...You can't get much for that due to tax and shipping. Actually...thats about all you can get! Of course I used it with a smile and spent a lot more, afterall...who wants to pay shipping and then not get a good sized squishy??? :roll: :lol:

Well i just used mine and applied the whole thing of mine to the fabric and i had to pay the shipping. There was no tax. If the store is in another state you dont pay taxes. You only pay taxes if it is sent to an address in the state the store resides in.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by janedennis
    Well i just used mine and applied the whole thing of mine to the fabric and i had to pay the shipping. There was no tax. If the store is in another state you dont pay taxes. You only pay taxes if it is sent to an address in the state the store resides in.
    ooopppsie, your right. i mean shipping........ :oops:

I won another gift certificate, but haven't checked the site yet. Have been on the road and haven't stopped moving long enough to get to check it out yet. It is fun to see what is available out there. :lol:

Banned
    way cool girl..... :D