Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Farmers wife quilt >

Farmers wife quilt

Farmers wife quilt

Old 10-27-2013, 06:15 AM

Default Farmers wife quilt

I have been carrying this book around for a couple of years, collected all my fabric, even made a special notebook for finished blocks but can't make myself start. I have made a Dear Jane, etc. I love big projects so I am always quilting. What I think I need is some one that has just started this quilt or would like to start it and we can keep each other motivated.

I enjoy using my talents to make quilts for others, shelter quilts, Neonatal, etc.
I am a Midwest farmers daughter currently living in Georgia but will be returning to the Midwest at some point.

Anyone up up for another project?
Old 10-27-2013, 06:28 AM
Power Poster

this is the latest page of a currently running sew along http://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-...06507-174.html

if you feel it's too far along for you, then you would have to contact community manager PatriceJ to get permission to start a new one.
Old 10-27-2013, 06:48 AM
Power Poster

Hello Butter ... I was one of the group who did her FWS via the group to which QuiltnNan has given you the link. (Thanks QnN!) While many have finished ... many have not. I didn't start with the group, and joined in well into their journey and was welcomed as part of the group, all the same.

Honchey was the "leader" of the group, starting two threads per week. One with the rotary cutting instructions that she created, being that the FWS book did not have them. The 2nd thread was where we posted pics of the two blocks. The blocks were done in order of the book. Many of us hopscotched around the book, doing the blocks out of order and some were well ahead of the group. Though, we kept to only posting the blocks to the weekly threads.

Please join the group and post as you like to the weekly threads. I know many of us will be there to help cheer you on. Maybe too, you will find some other(s) who will do their blocks at the same time.

For me, it was my first online QAL experience. I know if it were not for the wonderful group of FWS Ladies I would never have got it finished. There were times I hit the wall, and they cheered me on or helped me deal with the colour decisions ... or worse still the placement at the end! Wonderful Friends they all are! And too, many of the same group including me (with some additions) have since completed the Pony Club since then. Also, now are working on the Spikes and some (me included) are now considering your DJ!

Hope this is the first spark of encouragement you need, Butter towards doing your FWS. The first step ... just pick a block and Start!!!!!! We'll help you the rest of the way, once we see the posts a-coming!

Good Luck!