Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fat Qtr Shop - Simple Whatnots Club >

Fat Qtr Shop - Simple Whatnots Club

Fat Qtr Shop - Simple Whatnots Club

Old 03-07-2014, 02:12 PM

To answer Pattia's question above, little quilts have multiple uses. (1) Hang separately on the wall to fill in a small, empty space. (2) Give to a little girl to be played with as a dolly quilt. (3) Use as a table topper (end table, dining table, dressing table). (4) Hang several on the wall in a group--a great artistic feature that says a quilter lives here.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:17 PM

Default WhatNots club

http://www.fatquartershop.com/simple-whatnot-quilt-club This is the link I found a Fat Quarter Quilt Shop for the WhatNots club - it is $44.95/month plus $4.99 shipping so totals $49.94/mo, not $52 plus shipping. Not sure where some are coming up with the $60/month pricing. I seem to be the only one who thinks this is not that bad a price. Kim is charging $150 per class to teach ONE of these WhatNot quilts so I figure can get 3 kits for the price of one class. Plus you are paying for Kim signature fabrics for one. And all the kits include backing and binding. These can certainly be made out our stash fabrics. But I am big enough fan of Kim's that I like the idea of using her fabrics. But that's just me. I am still shopping around too...
Old 04-08-2014, 01:26 PM

October and November are very very small. I wouldn't want to pay that much for such a small project.

I think you could find similar patterns and choose your own fabrics and then make them any size you want for a better overall value.

Kitty
Old 06-01-2014, 02:47 PM

WashTub Quilts is also offering an E-Version of the Simple Whatnots Club. The price is $15.00/month and that includes the shipping. You will get a different pattern each month plus a starter pack of fabric. The starter pack is not enough to make the quilt, but it will give you a start plus allow you to use your stash! There will also be a kit available for purchase - but only to club members. For more info: http://www.washtubquilts.com/module/...?classId=58534