Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fat Quarters and Charm Squares >

Fat Quarters and Charm Squares

Fat Quarters and Charm Squares

Old 01-12-2017, 07:10 AM

I like MSQC (Jenny Doan's) site for this kind of thing. Falling Charms has made up nicely. The pictured one is a baby quilt,but it was much more mature made with muted red/gold charms and ivory sashing. That one was slightly larger, too. http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...l-t270672.html
Old 01-13-2017, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter View Post
I picked up a magazine recently that focused on FQs. It had a nice selection. It was from Fons and Porter
I bought this recently as well. Nice projects, and they seemed like most of them would work up quick and easy.
Old 01-13-2017, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by janjanq View Post
. I happen to have that book and am upset with myself because I forgot to bring it to Florida with me. I had that book and a fat quarter book set out to take and must have left them on my cutting table in Michigan! I have lots of floral charm squares! Would you post a picture of the Morning Star quilt you are working on?
Gosh, I will as soon as I can. I'm at the awkward stage where I have most of the pieces made but nothing sewn together. If I get a chance, I lay it out on a bed tomorrow and take a photo. I'll also do my best to take a photo of the pages in the book. Since you already own the book, it will be legal for you to print out my photos. I'll pm you.
Old 01-14-2017, 10:20 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]565648[/ATTACH]Here a photo of the Morning Star quilt from Pat Speth's book, Nickel Quilts
Attached Thumbnails img_1231.jpg  
Old 01-14-2017, 10:22 AM

Here's a photo of some of the pieces - not yet sewn together - for my version of the quilt.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]565649[/ATTACH]Sorry 'bout the interference from the sun.
Attached Thumbnails img_1239.jpg  
Old 01-14-2017, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter View Post
My latest favorite pattern is quatrefoil which can be made from precuts. Check the youtube at Missouriquiltco.
I just started this one with a bundle of FQ's I got for Christmas. It's fast and fun. I'm doing mine all scrappy so I didn't need to buy fabric for the four square blocks. You will need yardage for the background.