Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fat quilts for "fluffy" people >

Fat quilts for "fluffy" people

Fat quilts for "fluffy" people

Old 01-03-2011, 09:19 AM

Well, the holidays are over and life will get back to normal. Stepped on the scale this morning with my eyes closed! Opened them to see "low"; I was excited that maybe my weight was low but no, just the batteries. Fixed that and found i had actually gained a bit but not too bad. I am anxious to get back to regular meals and less party food. My schedule changes drastically over the next month. I go from working 1-2 days a week to 6 days and about 75 hours a week. (tax season) last week I went through clothes and made sure all was clean and in good shape. Today is cleaning house, getting recipes organized and grocerie shopping. gotta get the junk out and the good stuff in. Then a couple days work with 1 day off for a shopping trip with my daughter. I always get 1 new outfit to start the year and she needs interview clothes since she just graduated college! Good luck to all with their new years resolutions!
Old 01-06-2011, 10:45 AM

Hello? Any one still out there? Not much talk going on, is everyone OK?
Old 01-06-2011, 11:29 AM

HI all haven't been hear for a very long time but will start back with you all today. I have also started the FWQ only have 6 or 7 blocks done so I will be making more during the month if it all goes well.
Gail
Old 01-06-2011, 02:09 PM

I was 10 pounds down from my starting weight this morning. Just over two months. That's not very fast, but I tell myself that this way my skin can keep up and I won't get any new wrinkles. I wish!
With the inches gone, too, I can start my quilt, but there a few ahead of it.
We all need to post more. Life gets in the way, but improving health is part of life, too.
Old 01-06-2011, 03:26 PM

So far my year of less seems to consist of less free time LOL! Well, that's not entirely true. I have also lost the pound I gained in December.Does that qualify me to make a block finally??????
Old 01-07-2011, 04:57 AM

I put on 2 in December so I guess that qualifies me for 2 yo-yos. I am doing this......
Old 01-07-2011, 05:35 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by lauriejo
So far my year of less seems to consist of less free time LOL! Well, that's not entirely true. I have also lost the pound I gained in December.Does that qualify me to make a block finally??????
Sure, why not!! It was a pound lost.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:52 AM

Is it too late to join your group. I started a weight loss quilt last year. I have lost 15 pounds of the 60 I need to lose. I have made 7 of Carol Doak's paper pieced blocks in Black and batik. Then I lost the cd that came with it and have no way to print the patterns. I am a little behind. I am thinking about ordering a new book and cd.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:03 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Originally Posted by glassnquilts
Is it too late to join your group. I started a weight loss quilt last year. I have lost 15 pounds of the 60 I need to lose. I have made 7 of Carol Doak's paper pieced blocks in Black and batik. Then I lost the cd that came with it and have no way to print the patterns. I am a little behind. I am thinking about ordering a new book and cd.
This is one of those threads that you can join at any time. Welcome and be sure to show us your blocks as you make them.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:43 AM

Well the Christmas holidays are over. I have had lots and lots of family staying here so I have not been on my best on my eating habits.
I am taking a pass on weighing in this week. I will get back in gear and I will lose the last 25 pounds.
Since this is a life change I will need to get my mind back in a better place.
Last week I binged a lot on candy and crap.
OK so now it is over and I will start over.
Thank you for being there for me.
Love this thread.