Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Fat quilts for "fluffy" people >

Fat quilts for "fluffy" people

Fat quilts for "fluffy" people

Old 10-06-2010, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by AlienQuilter
This is a neat idea!

If I do 12" blocks and loose all the weight I need too, everyone in my family would be getting a quilt!

How about doing a "Heart" block on those weeks where we gain weight. Or some other block for inspiration?

Maybe I'll do Sun Bonnet Sue and have her start out real fluffy then every week have her a bit less fluffy!
LOVE that idea
Old 10-06-2010, 02:58 PM

This is a cool idea. I'm in!!! I've lost 41 lbs since April and I still have a LOT to lose.

I posted a photo on the PICTURES board of a quilt I made using 100 half-square triangles. That might work for someone who wants to lose 100 lbs.

I'll just keep to Weight Watchers program for the rest of my life, keep losing the lbs, keep healthy thoughts and healthy food, and keep making these blocks. I'll figure our what to do with them later on, when I'm thin!

I think I will keep it simple and make a 9patch or 4patch or even a tiny Log Cabin or Hourglass block. Sure would be nice to cover a design wall with blocks and have visual of the weight that's disappeared.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Quilting Nonnie
I'm in. It's taken me from April to lose 20 pounds. I want to go faster on the next 20. The quilt block may be all the incentive I need!

Plus my dog is 10 pounds overweight...she's supposed to be 10 pounds in all and she weighs 20 pounds!!! We definitely need to walk!

Whoever mentioned the hourglass block really got me grinning!

I've always wanted to make a disappearing nine patch, so that may be what I do.
20 lbs since April. Congratulations you should be proud of yourself. Keep on going.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:21 PM

Boy are there lots of good ideas for blocks on this thread, ya'll are a funny group. How many are going to do this but not the weight loss challenge? It is a lot of fun, and lots of encouragement too.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by AlienQuilter
This is a neat idea!

If I do 12" blocks and loose all the weight I need too, everyone in my family would be getting a quilt!

How about doing a "Heart" block on those weeks where we gain weight. Or some other block for inspiration?

Maybe I'll do Sun Bonnet Sue and have her start out real fluffy then every week have her a bit less fluffy!
OMGosh this idea is as awesome as the disappearing 9 patch and the yo-yo. I love love love this whole idea. I will have to make about 60-70 blocks and that is depressing but I put the weight on because I quit smoking so I guess it was an okay price to pay and if I take this challenge I will get a quilt for me!!
Old 10-06-2010, 03:35 PM

ksea congrats for quitting smoking! That is a great gift to yourself.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by sewred
Well, i guess I'd better get started on choosing and sewing blocks. I weighed in today and I am down 6.8 total for 2 weeks! YAHOO!!!
congratulations to you, keep up the good work.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:41 PM

I have lost 10 so far. I should make one block of the quilt that I was supposed to make for my bed that I never get to since I'm always making something for others. I feel guilty working on mine. Probably because I hear: Why are you working on that one instead of mine. I have to work on multiple quilt and craft projects at once to get things done.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by lauriejo
ksea congrats for quitting smoking! That is a great gift to yourself.
Thank you, it will be one year on Nov 3. My husband gave me the $3800. we would have spent on cigs this past year to buy a quilting machine and frame. I can't wait to decide which one I want and get it!! But the weight is really starting to bother me and as long as I am getting healthy by not smoking I should be thinking about getting the weight off. I am thinking about weight watchers or curves, I need all the help I can get.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:46 PM

Oh wow that is much better than cigarettes! Oh and by the way I love your avatar.