Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Favorite machine features >

Favorite machine features

Favorite machine features

Old 01-19-2021, 10:52 AM

For me, this is specific to the machine, as I have a high end embroidery machine and with that things like thread cutter and needle threader are a must. - and the low bobbin sensor and that it will shut off if it thinks something is not right.

But with my LA, I'd hate not having my 24" throat and 12' frame. And I really like the digital tension readout. I'd love a low bobbin sensor, and if it would shut off if the thread breaks. It has no sensors like that so I need to really watch it if I'm using the robotics.

And then with my main machine, a straight stitcher, the only thing I've got on that one is the knee lift, and I really don't miss any of the other features. Only time I miss a thread cutter is when paper piecing, and I don't do that often enough for it to be a big issue.
Old 01-19-2021, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by JanieW View Post
on my Janome and Pfaff this feature is called auto lift. It’s my favourite feature.
This is my favorite feature, also (the presser foot staying in a slightly lifted position when done stitching). I used to have to lift my presser foot for every piece because fabric didn't feed in easily.
Old 01-19-2021, 07:00 PM

I also love the "hover" on my Bernina 590! The LED lighting is such an improvement and a big deal to me. Jumbo bobbin holds 70% more thread. Needle up/down. Thread cutter. Touch screen as opposed to knobs and buttons. A couple good alphabets. I had to trade my old Bernina just to get the blanket stitch for applique. If you're doing alphabets or decorative stitches, it's nice to have a 9mm needle plate hole.
Old 01-20-2021, 06:49 AM

As well as many of the above, I like my 9" versus 6" harp space. Especially if you do your own FMQ.

One feature I would like is a beep or something that alerts me to my bobbin running out. It would especially be important when FMQ as I always try to stop at a more inconspicuous spot.