Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Favorite Online Fabric Store >

Favorite Online Fabric Store

Favorite Online Fabric Store

Old 10-02-2010, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Clara101
I like fabric.com, thousands of bolts, Over the Rainbow ( I have asked if fabrics colors go together and they have replied promptly). I also do a lot of surfing for a specific fabric and do searches for discounted fabric.
I like Over the Rainbow (http://www.overrainbow.com) too. I have asked for a color match blender from a certain print and the staff went out of their way to find just the one I was looking for. They have good sales and lots of other interesting items on their site, as well.
Old 10-02-2010, 08:55 AM

Fabric.com, Thousands of Bolts, J and O are the ones I've used. If I have to pick a favorite, it would be Fabric.com. I ordered from them on Thursday and my order shipped one hour later. Amazing.
Old 10-02-2010, 08:58 AM

I have just discovered the Missouri Quilt Star store, they have a great daily deal and always $5.00 shipping. I also like the Quilting Cupboard. I have found some more pricey ones that the have good fabric on sale most of the time Shabby quilts? in one I like to browse and bought some of my favorite fabric from there. There is always ebay you can find some great deals there and they have quality fabric, charm packs, etc.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by EmsMom
What is your favorite online fabric/quilting/sewing store?

Do they have better prices, better choices?

Thanks!
The only online fabric I have bought was from Connecting Threads and I have been thrilled with the quality and service. Their site is fun to chat and make more new friends. I love the fabrics and threads[and sales] plus I get their booklet in the so I have lots of time to look and drool. Not to mention the fabric is all made in the USA!! I am open to check out other sites in the future when and if out WM closes out their fabric.OOPS forgot my daughter got me fabric off line[e-bay] cause I am in need of Finding Nemo fabric and got some.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:15 AM

I find many many things thru Quiltshops.Com but for notions and books and tools, I shop fabricdepot.com, as it is always discounted.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:19 AM

i just checked out fabric.com. it is a great site. i am so grateful for all the wonderful info you all provide thru this site. i am so busy it is like having my own quilt library right here. thanks.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Rebecca VLQ
I'd have to say overall Fabric.com because I've never gotten a poor quality fabric there, prices are reasonable, and shipping is FAST.

Hancocks of Paducah is *good* but the ship time is LOOOOOONG. Huge selection. Good prices. Sales are great. Their ordering system is not very clear, and the last couple orders I thought I "got" several fabrics, only to find out a week later that "backorder" really means "cancelled".

One I found from here was Quilt Fabric Closeouts. Great prices, great quality. The package was packed with such care, it was BEAUTIFUL. Like, they really care about their fabric there.

I did the free deal thing from Missouri Star Quilt Co, and I think I'll have to shop them more often. There's something really, really good about these folks. I just can't quite put my finger on it. It's the personable nature that gets me, I think. :D
I totally agree about the Missouri Star Quilt Co. They are great to deal with, have notions that I've never seen before and I love their YouTube video's. When I placed an order they each personally wrote a note on my invoice thanking me for my purchase which I thought was super nice.
Old 10-02-2010, 11:15 AM

My favorite is Over the rainbow too! Like speaking to your friend! Will match something for you and tell you if they can get another yard in for the same shipping. Laura is the best!!!
Old 10-02-2010, 11:23 AM

I really like fabric.com and have order from them several time, I have also order from Quilt In a Day and got terrific fabric when it was on sale.
Old 10-02-2010, 11:32 AM

Mary Jo's Cloth Shoppe, Cheryl's quilt shop out of Okla. and Honeybee out of Calif.