Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Favorite Quilt Bloggers

Favorite Quilt Bloggers

On lunchbreak at work reading this fabulous board as I usually do, it's my moment of zen. I also enjoy reading Bonnie Hunters blog every day at lunch too. In fact when I recently took one of her workshops I had a surreal moment because I was eating lunch with her and having a lovely conversation about our vintage machines! So awesome!!
    Well I was wondering if there are more quilters that blog out there in the Internet universe who you enjoy reading and could recommend. Thanks!!
    Never met a scrap of fabric or vintage sewing machine I didn't like!
    Many a lost and lonely vintage machine has found a home with me, 26 and------ uh oh lost count, who is counting anyway!

Susan

I love Diary Of a Quilter. I basically learned to quilt from her tutorials. Also, Fresh Lemon Quilts and Cluck Cluck Sew are fun. Lots of fabric designers also have interesting blogs, so you might look up your favorites.

A good way to find other blogs is to see what your favorites are reading. Most of them keep a list on their own blog. I read around 75 blogs and found most of them this way. One good blog just leads to another.
    Last edited by DebraK; 05-23-2013 at 08:30 AM.
    I have chosen to be happy because it is good for my health - Voltaire

Blog Entries
    There are thousands of quilt blogs. I'm still finding new ones. I just follow the blog links on the blogs I read. The best place to find all the quilt blogs is on Pinterest. Every picture of every quilt on a blog in on Pinterest, enough to not notice or care about the ones that aren't.
    Got fabric?

Judy L www.patchworktimes.com (quilt alongs, chickens and great stories!)
    Mary @ www.maryquilts.com (lots of string block pictures and free patterns great for charity quilting)

and Karen at http://sewmanyways.blogspot.com (not so much quilting as crafty with a tip on Tuesday from the home improvement store!)

I have to be careful how many of these I find, as I am always on the computer either admiring what others are doing or getting more info about quilting and notions. I need to be SEWING and QUILTING and GARDENING and getting off this computer!!!!!
    God Bless Quilters and Sewers
    Marti

Blog Entries
    Here's one I found this morning. I can tell I am going to be following hers.

http://www.onthetrailcreations.com/blog.html

I hear and agree with you MartiMorga... It is so easy to go from one blog to another blog and not get to my sewing, quilting, and gardening.

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

http://sewextremeseams.blogspot.com/

http://cheekycognoscenti.blogspot.com/

I like this one alot lately
    Brother (XL-3500i, CV3550, SQ-9050, Dreamweaver XE6200D), Juki MO-2000QVP, Handiquilter Avante

Thanks for this thread and info. Is there a blog for art quilting?

Blog Entries
    I have a whole list of them on my blog on the left hand side. My blog link is the top link in my signature.