Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Sewing Machine Brand

Blog Entries
    I know there are lots of different opinions on what brand is their favorite. I think I've limited myself to just Brother because I don't know what else is good. Tell me...what's your favorite brand?

Can I say "ANY?", lol? I just got a used Bother embrodery machine....an I can tell you, its So user friendly, even for a computer dummy like me.
    I love the oldSingers, but I have a few old Japanese ones, too, one is a bight turquise! Just love the pretty colors.
    GF has a tiny Janome, its so pretty and light, and she has never had to repair it, would LOVE a tiny one someday. Or a FW!
    SIL has a beautiful Pfaff......SO, I guess I dont have a favorite, just LOVE machines.
    Oh, and the Necci I got for 3.00 at a garage sle runs like a charm!

I love my Berninas.

I love Love LOVE my Babylock and Brother!

I love my Bernina machines.

mltquilt

Blog Entries
    Well lets see I agree i like alot of them I have 3 pfaffs,2 elena.6 singers ,1 juki 2 jamone,3 antique singer and I like to sew on all of them I have 3 sergers set up 6 sewing machine set up for different types of sewing & seger a quilt machine and embroidery mach. I sew all types leather, real fur down to sheer fabric. Them I have babies that are old dont work but I love them. Oh Yes I have a machine I use all the time called a Good Housekeeping Deluxe it is my work horse. Better stop listing my Dh may read this.and I'm looking at another oldie.

If I had unlimited funds? Bernina, without a question. On a budget? I was always happy with my cheapo Walmart Brother.

Blog Entries
    I love my husquvarna viking

Blog Entries
    I have an old Kenmore that runs like a top, a Singer for embroidery and a Brother Serger. They all work great.

Blog Entries
    I need a work horse, but I want it to be a new one. I do a lot of PP with bulky seams. My Brother CS6000i is wearing out.

Banned
    I have an old #1030 Bernina that is my workhorse and I love her.

Also have Jem Platinum and Jem Gold - love them too

I tell people it is like cars, There are Ford people and Chevy people. I love my Brothers (I have 3), My mother loves her Viking and my sister loves her Bernina. Sometimes it comes down to what features you need and like.

Impossible question for me, as I love the vintage Singers, but have no interest in the current models. Years ago drooled over Pfaffs only, but I'm not convinced that the quality is the same since they are no longer German -made. I think Janome is a reliable, quality brand, based on reviews and reading the Horizon yahoo group posts daily. Janome has a gazillion models, plus they make Elnas and many Kenmores. You seem yo get a lot of features for the price with Janome. Bernina quality, innovation , and customer service are going strong, but they only have integrated dual feed and big harps on the 8 series machines, and they are the most expensive. Finally, I have a Babylock Quest Plus which I LOVE as much as my Bernina.

Blog Entries
    I have had/have the following
    Kenmore, Elna, Brother and Husqavarna Viking sapphire - I thought I loved my Elna best until I started with the Sapphire.

Blog Entries
    I have always been a Janome person - and still believe you get the most bang for your buck with them. However, I have had Pfaff, Singer, and Brother. They all have their good points (not a new Singer - the oldies)! I currently have a Babylock and love the features and ease of use. So really, it is individual taste and you just have to try one to see if it fits!

I love my Bernina...have had my 1230 for 18 years+ and it is a real
    sturdy machine.
    Also bought a Brother a couple of years ago, a straight stitch only machine for quilting..and love this machine too.

I love Singer! Have one that is 25 years old, and sews great. I want to get FW too. I like my Pfaff machine I use now. Also have a Bernette serger that doesn't get used much.

Blog Entries
    Old Elnas from when they were making their own. Right now I'm doing my piecing and FMQ on a vintage Singer. If I were able to purchase an embroidery machine, I'd look at Babylock.

I currently own a Featherweight, two Bernina sewing machines, a Bernina Serger and Embroidery machine and a Brother embroidery machine. I purchased the Brother because it uses the same software as the other embroidery machine but can make a bigger design. I fell in love with Berninas when I worked for a dealer who also did custom dressmaking and alterations. I got to work with the various machines everyday I worked. I was able to purchase my 1260 at dealer cost. That model did not have a mileage meter on it. If it did it would probably be pushing a million miles. I actually wore out the computer and had it replaced.

I have an old Morse which can't be beat. I also have 2 Janome machines. I use the 6260QC for piecing and the 1600p on my grace frame. I have to say that I love my Janome machines and they can't be beat for the price.

My husqvarna/Viking Sapphire 875Q - its my first computerized machine and I love it.

I really don't think that there is any best machine or best brand of sewing machines. Each brand seems to have some very appealing machines and unique features so it is a matter of matching the machine to the quilter. There are definately some classics out there that many stitchers favour but they may not suit you. I have a Bernina 830 Record (a classic always in demand), a couple of Featherweights and a Janome 6500 my current machine to FM quilt on. My daughter has "borrowed" my Husqvarna Prelude 370 which I also really like. I am contemplating buying a new machine and have considered the Janome 7700, Husqvarna 875 and a Sweet Sixteen HQ sit down quilting machine and table. Now if only I could design my perfect machine.

Blog Entries
    I have 2 Janomes, 18 yr old and 10 yo. Neither have ever been in the shop. Works hard for me. My FW works non-stop, I quilt on a Brother 1500. Non have ever seen a service repair shop.

Quote Originally Posted by feffertim
    I love my husquvarna viking
    Ditto. Mine is now 10 years old and I crashed the card two weeks ago. Ordered a new one and got it last Friday and it has been working overtime to catch up, smile. Love my H Viking Quilt Designer. Also have a Singer 221 that sews like a dream. It's great for taking to quilt meetings. My first machine was a Singer back in the 1960's. Was good until 1993 when it gave up. Then got a cheap-o at M. Wards. Never really liked that one. But wouldn't trade my H V Q D for anything out there now.

I have a FW, Bernina, Janome, Pfaff, several Brothers, Kenmore, old singer, old Japanize 15 clone, and one serger. I use them all depending on what I need to do. Oh I forgot, I have two embroidery machines - Brother 270D and Janome 350E. Would you believe the Brother 270D is still going and the Janome 350E is in the shop for repairs.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast