Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Favorite types of quilts to do >

Favorite types of quilts to do

Favorite types of quilts to do

Old 11-11-2010, 07:10 PM

I love to make Yellow Brick Road, Turning Twenty and Take 5. They don't take very long, but make a nice gift quilt.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:29 PM

I like the 9 patch and strip quiltling but I also like to try some new patterns. The problem is that before I can finish one, I see another quilt pattern that I must make. :!: :-D
Old 11-11-2010, 07:48 PM
Power Poster

I love all kinds of bargellos. Any kind of strip piecing is way up on my list.
Old 11-12-2010, 03:09 AM

I like doing samplers. I have done a star quilt, because I love the points! I am in the process now of making a 48 block (12") quilt - six across and 8 down, a sampler. I love to make ones I have never made before - quite a challenge when you start out raw and then hope to cry it turns out - IT DOES!!!! Yay! I have been told that I mix my colors well and so I just do what comes to me. I do not know what my next block is going to be. Either I will find it in a book or Quilter's Cache, but it'll all be new to me. That is what I find the most fun. I have to admit, however, that one of my very favorites was "Floating Stars". I picked out the colors which were all over the "map",
but it all turned out great. I love to surprise myself!!!!!!!!

So, when it comes down to it, I love them all. My main goal is Mariner's Compass! Edie
Old 11-12-2010, 03:35 AM

I like simple patterns that look more intricate than they really are or ones that combine two blocks to make a striking new pattern. Quilting is my relaxer and sanity saver and I don't want to spend my time stressing over a difficult pattern. I also think some of the simpler patterns showcase some of our beautiful fabrics much better.
Old 11-12-2010, 04:29 AM

I look for easy piecing patterns to put my applique on. Righy now I'm working with the 2 1/2 inch strips of batiks.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:01 AM

I love all kinds of piecing...depends on my purpose of the quilt if I want to stay simple and do 4 patches and 9 patches, or if I want to do something a bit more thinking and do flying geese or stars, and sometimes I do feel like more of a challenge and will do more complicated projects, and I also love machine applique, so sometimes will mix piecing and applique in a quilt.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by hsquiltingmom
Hi everyone,

I found that I really enjoy doing 4 patch quilts, basically because they can be scrappy, and I also enjoy doing star quilt blocks. What are some of your favorites to do? It is always fun to find out what others like to do.
I like log cabins and rail fence. They are easy and fast. But I am wanting to try a HST quilt or at least a runner with the new quickie method of sewing around the outside and cutting. I am trying to figure how I can integrate it into my Christmas projects.
Old 11-12-2010, 06:06 PM

I enjoy making heirloom quilt on design pieces that are all hand quilted. I want to do one more before my arthritis takes over my fingers completely.

I also hope to get a crazy quilt in there too so if I want to do these without the use of a new machine with those capabilities I'd better get working on them.

Andie :D :D :D
Old 11-12-2010, 11:20 PM

Still trying new patterns - next is Rag Lap Quilt and Stck and Whack.