Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
feather quilting >

feather quilting

feather quilting

Old 11-13-2011, 12:09 AM

here are a couple of pix...these feathers are all freehand, done on nolting 24" longarm...lots of practice, most on paper... the action of pencil on paper is much the same group of muscles... one of the advantages of doing your own feathers is the ability to make them fit any shape and the ability to move them in and out like real feathers...stencils normally make the feathers symetrical, which they are not naturally...just play and practice, practice, practice... you will love feathering all those special places... i had to shrink the pix to get them on so i am hoping you can see some of the color in the thread...it is all the same hot neons that is in the fabrics.....
Attached Thumbnails joye.black.rainbow.outside1-copy.jpg   qu.joye.black.rainbow.det6.jpg   qu.joye.black.rainbow.bundle.jpg  
Old 11-13-2011, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Dolphyngyrl View Post
For those of you using the embroidery machine for quilting, was it a big learning curve
It's not harder than using your embroidery machine...you just have to loosen the tension on your hoop a little more. I have just recently started doing my own "quilting " on the embroidery machine and really like it as does everyone else that sees it. I have done paisleys, feathers, snowflakes, puppy paws, pond life, swirls, etc. on differnt quilts, etc. So ar I have purchased most of the from Embroidery Library and am very happy with them.
Attached Thumbnails 079.jpg   dscn0506.jpg   dscn0507.jpg   dscn0508.jpg   dscn0511.jpg