Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: feed sacks

Hello everyone :) I would like to know if anyone has any ideas for things to make with feed sacks. I have a few vintage feed sacks most have flower designs. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Cheryl (AKA ccain )

Blog Entries
    Eleanor Burns has many patterns that used to be made with feed sacks :wink:

Thanks for the information Amma :)

I love feed sacks and have been trying to collect enough for a project! I have about 15 now, but some aren't flowered, so don't want to use them.

Good luck!

Ninnie

Where do you find them? I would love to get some but don't know where to look. Are they terribly expensive?

Hi I think I payed $2.00 for each. That was about 3 years ago. I had been diagonsed with breast cance a few months before and had a mastectomy in March of 2006. And it couldn't have been more than 2 weeks later I saw an ad in the news paper about old fabric for sale so I called the woman and my husband took me to her house. She was 70 and we got to talking and it turned out she also was a breast cancer survivor. She took me in the basement to look at the material and if I had know then what I know now about the vintage material I would have gotten more. She had tons of it the feed sacks had belonged to her mother. She was also into vintage clothing and she gave me a dress that is made out of velvet and it looks like a crazy quilt. I got old ticking but I didn't get any wool. I was just getting into hand sewing and I hadn't started doing wool applique so I missed out on that. I ended up being her first Mary Kay customer. She was a very nice woman and the fabric helped me trough a rough time so I will be forever greatful to her. Well I guess I have rambled on enough.

Cheryl

just type in feed sacks for sale and a bunch will come up on the internet, but they are about 7.00 and up now. I would love to buy some more.

Ninnie